Updated: Sep 2 2012
||Facilities Engineer, Gas Plant Operations, Plant Operations Engineer, Capex, Opex, HSE,SGSi OIP,FSI
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Purpose of the Job:
PDO has three large sour gas/oil development projects running concurrently through the Define and Execute phases over the coming five years. The Operations Readiness and Assurance aspects of the project execution will be embedded in the Project Execution process to ensure the operability requirements are incorporated in the design and project deliverables. The purpose of this role is to execute the Operations scope of the OR&A process within the Project Team. The role is also expected to coach and mentor Omani Operations staff in OR&A tools, techniques and process.
- BSc/MSc in an Engineering Discipline
- Minimum of 10 years experience in oil and gas operations / Project commissioning & Start-up activities.
- Operational experience gained in different roles with sufficient breadth of knowledge to provide detailed specification of operational requirements in a project.
- Operations experience within PDO and/or a sour oil/gas operation in another Operating Unit.
- Particular experience in project supervision and commissioning is required. Overall experience over a wide range of the E&P project lifecycle (conceptual design, FEED, detailed design, procurement and construction, commissioning/start-up, operations readiness) is preferred.
- Exposure to desert operations and project experience would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of and experience with operationalizing the OR&A (and/or SGSi OIP / FSI) process in both large and medium sized projects would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience working within a large project environment would be a distinct advantage.
- Audit and review experience with evidence of participation on HAZOPs / HAZID type reviews.
- Excellent leadership skills and team player, demonstrated by actual results.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills will be critical.
- The successful candidate needs to be self-starter / self-motivated, enthusiastic and capable of taking the initiative. A proven track record of successfully influencing change and coaching others is required. Ability to function in multi-disciplinary diverse teams.
- Ability to think and work in a non-Western operating environment and on a multi-cultural project team.
- Experience of working with the confines of an EPC type contract regime.
Implementation of the full OR&A process as early as possible in the execution of the project.
- Managing the balance between Capex, Opex, HSE and Operability.
- There will be an ongoing challenge on costs and the incumbent must maintain a strong but practical approach to ensuring the facilities are safe and operable.
- Maintaining close contact with the other sour project OR & A teams to
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available