Updated: Aug 30 2012
||Piping Engineer, Process Engineer, Safety Engineering
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE
Reporting to a Project Engineering Manager or Technical Project Manager, the Lead Engineer will be a key member of the project team, seeking to use their technical and professional experience to supervise the engineering subcontractor, including confirmation of progress against schedule and review of all deliverables to ensure completion in accordance with project specifications and project milestones. He will expected to be competent in following areas, Process, Safety in design and piping..
He / She is expected to improve the specific discipline work processes and be technical governance for the discipline. The scope will include studies and live projects.
All personnel are expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices and IIF program from the Client.
Generic Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Provides specialist skills, integrity and knowledge in key areas of discipline engineering, including design codes, legislative requirements and current good engineering practice.
- Understands clients' needs; identifies and addresses design parameters and problems; develops and implements solutions.
- Ensures project and HS&E compliance and adherence to project budget & schedule.
- Under own supervision, independently evaluates, organizes and prioritizes work.
- Undertakes responsibility for production of deliverables, which may include engineering support to the Drawing Office, design calculations, specifications, procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports and various 3rd-party submissions.
- Signs and issues technical documentation as originator or checker, accepting personal responsibility for its adequacy.
- Ensures all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed.
- Operate within the Business Code of Conduct.
- Operate according to project's Management Principles.
- Support standards and procedures for the Engineering Function.
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Accreditation from a professional body is desirable, but not essential.
- Advanced degree and/or professional engineering license is desired.
- More than 10 years engineering experience in Process, piping and safety in design. Areas.
- Experience in Company providing Engineering services to oil & gas industry
- Experience in detailed design
- Senior Engineer will be acceptable for this position but this is subject to review on a case by case basis.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available