Updated: Jan 30 2013
||Maintenance Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, QA / QC / Inspection
||Port Arthur, TX, US
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Our major Oil & Gas Client is in need of 2 Rotating Equipment Inspectors in Port Arthur, Texas.
- To provide technical support to operations, maintenance, and engineering on rotating / mechanical equipment
- The Mechanical Inspector shall be the 1st point of contact on mechanical equipment technical issues.
- Support and apply safety process to daily work activities
- Provide mechanical equipment inspection support to the daily run & maintain activities in alignment with GAME ME & RCM process
- Assist in troubleshooting problems on equipment and provide recommendations on repairs as required. Makes call on mechanical equipment- work in place or removed and send to Machine shop. Documents requirements on notification in SAP.
- Assist with technical aspects of work order planning and assist with NIR (includes DEP review) for BOMs and recommended vendors
- Identify training needs and coordinate efforts to develop and facilitate training
- Identify unique equipment parts for procurement and assists with procurement.
- Periodically audit completion of SAP history reporting for proper documentation of problems found and repair work done to correct
- Participate on RCFA and Rework Investigations and track assigned action items until completion
- Periodically assigned to coordination of overhauls on equipment per prior approval of Engineering Manager
- Participate in Reliability Centered Maintenance Initial System Analysis and Living Programs
- Maintain an awareness of outside machine shop capabilities and provide inspection/expediting support to maintenance on outside shop repairs
- Lead/participate outside audits as scheduled.
- Participates in identifying work to be included on daily work schedule.
- Coordinates efforts of crafts through Team Leaders, Supervisors, and L3 to assure quality workmanship of field machinists and use of Travel Sheet.
- Audit the unit's preventative maintenance programs through Lube Audits and coordinate predictive maintenance programs including vibration analysis and reciprocating compressor monitoring
- Develop or review/revise operating procedures for plant rotating equipment as needed
- Personal safety and the safety of co-workers
- Proper identification of rework causes
- Well defined equipment inspection recommendations
- OMC, L3, and Maintenance Supervisors technical support
- Threat mitigation pertaining to rotating equipment
- Prompt communication with OMC, L3, Team Leaders, Maintnenace Supervisor and Production (discovery work, recommendations, and notifications)
- Identification of reliability issues pertaining to bad actors
- Training opportunity improvements identified
- Improved spare parts availability on critical equipment
- Decision to pull mechanical equipment or work in field
- Verification that work procedures are being followed and training pursued to improve work performance
- Audit the Travel Sheets to assure they are being completed
- Verification that spare parts are maintained and available
- Authority to be the Responsible Person on MOCs
- Good communication skills.
- Good organization, documentation, and follow-up.
- Time management skills.
- Working knowledge of equipment in area assigned
- Leadership skills
- Good computer skills - SAP
- Ability to mentor and coach
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills on mechanical equipment
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available