SOS Employment Group
Updated: Sep 10 2012
||Fort Collins, CO, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Valve Technician Job Description:
The position primarily works in the valve repair shop and is responsible for:
- Making repairs to customer property including valves, wellheads, spools, chokes, actuators, and other surface wellhead equipment as required.
- Assembling and breaking down of new of used equipment.
- Inspecting, repairing, testing equipment.
- Reading and interpreting blue prints and drawings.
- Executing general shop maintenance: storage, and equipment clean-up, shipping/receiving.
- Responsible for the safety of self and others including reporting of all work related injuries, near misses, equipment damage and unsafe acts as soon as practicable to supervisor or senior technician.
- Tear down and troubleshooting of customer owned property for inspection, repair, reassembly and testing based on customer communications.
- Assembling, testing and painting of new or used wellhead/tree sections.
- Field Service work as needed based on work load.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Basic computer skills required.
- 2+ years related experience preferred.
- Technical certificate a plus.
- Pervious oil and gas/ rig experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, visitors and other employees.
- Strong mechanical aptitude/experience.
- Ability both in a team environment and alone with minimal supervision.
- Ability to use basic hand tools safely.
- Ability to read and write clearly.
- Ability to evaluate, diagnose and address product concerns.
- Ability to read and understand and follow technical specifications for the. assembly, tear-down and repair of equipment.
- Ability to operate a forklift and overhead cranes safely.
Other Qualifications/ Work Environment
- Current fork lift operator certificate.
- Ability to life 50lbs on a regular basis.
- Ability to operate safely in a heavy equipment shop/plant environment.
- Ability to frequently stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms to stoop.
- Flexible/irregular shift and hours.
- Self motivated.
- Willingness to aid in on-site assembly/installation when work load requires
- Attentive to detail recognizing the importance of accuracy in testing and product preparation
- Ability to communicate effectively with the filed service and customers.
*Applicant will be subject to a background check
*Applicant will be subject to a Motor Vehicle Report
*A conviction record will not necessarily prevent you from being employed. You will be required to complete and submit a questionnaire. We will consider your age at the time of the offense, when the offense occurred, the seriousness and the nature of the offense, as well as any rehabilitation to determine your employability.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available