Tervita is a leading North American environmental and energy services company. Our 4,100 dedicated employees partner with natural resource and industrial companies who share our values and work with them to create a sustainable future. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions, guides our decisions and shapes our culture. We maintain a strategically located network of more than 95 state-of-the-art waste management facilities and a fleet of specialized equipment and assets to help customers address production and operational waste challenges. Our highly effective, convenient and environmentally sound solutions help minimize environmental impact and maximize returns.
A privately-held company, we've been known for the past 25 years by the brands of our founding companies: CCS, Hazco, Beck, Concord and others. By joining together our individual expertise, experience, assets and services, we will be uniquely positioned to develop integrated project management solutions and provide customers easier access to our broad range of comprehensive services.
This person is responsible for overseeing the mechanical/electrical processes which are used to provide enhanced drilling properties and recycle drilling mud through closed loop systems. Individuals travel to rig site locations for setting up, tearing down, monitoring and maintaining centrifuges and centrifuge related equipment and completing all required paperwork.
The core areas of accountability include but are not limited to:
- Operating, monitoring and maintenance of solids control equipment for onshore drilling rigs,
- dewatering sites, shop areas and other oil & gas related sites.
- Assisting in the severing, trouble-shooting & installation of equipment as required.
- Rigging up and down location equipment.
- Working on centrifuges, shakers, dryers and augers.
- Run continuous tests on the solids discharge and the effluent discharge on both units along with comparing information with the Mud Engineer to make sure that the centrifuges are set for optimum performance and the gravity percentage of the mud is within the bore tolerance.
- Attend pre-job safety meeting on location.
- One plus years experience.
- Mechanical aptitude, electrical aptitude and/or chemical aptitude
- Oil field knowledge a plus.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to demonstrate safe operation of equipment.
- Must be able to travel safely to locations.
Physical strength and ability sufficient to perform heavy manual labor for extended period of
Able to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
Tervita Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Applicants who are extended an employment offer will be required to complete a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check as applicable by position. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of these pre-employment processes.