Updated: Aug 28 2012
||Budget / Cost Control, Cost Engineer, Project Controls, Mining and/or Oil & Gas
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Our client is a leading Canadian Energy Company with an impressive Capital Project Portfolio that includes multi-billion dollar developments. These projects are entering early stages of the project lifecycle and a Project Controls Team is being assembled to help manage the current growth and next phases of the project.
The Cost Controller reports to and supports the Project Controls Lead and will be responsible for maintaining cost data integrity. Project assignment will be monitored by the Project Controls Manager.
JOB TYPE: Contract
- Understand and maintain detailed project cost estimates
- Participate in cost and schedule risk analyses and provide mitigation proposals to the project teams
- Prepare detailed weekly/monthly cost, reports, forecasts and analysis
- Provide cost and schedule advice (including estimating, planning, cost control and risk analysis) to project teams and other stakeholders
- Work closely with the projects teams to monitor Management of Change process, identifying cost impact of proposed changes and incorpo ating those impacts into the Project Work Plan & budget
- Maintain central feedback and learning on cost controls from projects and contribute to updating of ''Best Practices'' in project support, cost control and planning
- Prepare detailed Close-Out Cost Reports per the Process Guidelines
- Bachelor's Degree in Commerce or Engineering is preferred
- Five (5) years experience in project cost and/or planning in the Engineering field or ten (10) years of relevant work experience if applicant does not have a Degree in the relevant field of work
- Capable of managing cost for a large scale, heavy industry project
- Capable of analyzing and preparing monthly cost reports and forecast project trends to express concerns in problem areas
- Proficient with the use of standard office software such as Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint. Experience with Microsoft Access is an advantage
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience working in a mining or heavy industrial or other related sector is preferred
- Previous staff management and/or team supervision would be an asset to the position.
PTAG is a result driven staffing firm, dedicated to providing its North American clients with qualified Leadership, Engineering, Construction and Project Management professionals, to help them achieve their business goals.
Our Clients are leaders in the Energy, Oil & Gas, Mining and Minerals and Infrastructure Industries. Our Candidates are leaders in their areas of expertise each with a history of making positive economic impacts on all of their fulltime or contract assignments.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available