Canrig Drilling Technology Ltd.
Updated: Sep 6 2012
||Business Development, Field Service Tech, Operations Manager
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
This position is responsible for the operation of the Canrig U.S Field Service operations, including field services, installation and start-up of new capital equipment, and the rental of capital equipment. This position will also be expected to perform additional job related responsibilities and duties as assigned and/or as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safety - As defined by management the goals and objectives for the Service & Rentals business.
- Take a proactive approach to promote behavioral safety in all activities. Coordinate as required with Canrig Safety Manager.
- Make periodic and regular visits to the field to conduct inspections and safety audits to ensure compliance with the Canrig Safety Management System.
- Engage Managers in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and support Manager efforts in their areas of responsibilities.
- Lead a team by prioritizing resources; facilitate alignment of the team; set high expectations; inspire commitment; encourage mutual support; and enable development opportunities.
- Develop, implement and execute multi-year business and profitable growth strategies for the business to deliver increased market share by managing financial performance; implement plans for growth; enhance the Canrig brand; and leverage relationships with key customers.
- Analyze and mitigate risk to the business (competition, labor shortages, etc.) by proactively monitoring internal and external risk to the company; developing an action plan; and utilizing the team to execute the plan.
- Manage overall financial performance of the business by analyzing and reconciling financial reports; creating and administering capital and expense budgets; advising others on cost control methods; and resolving budgetary issues.
- Provide overall direction for the business by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; develop, communicate, build support for, and implement business strategies, plans, and practices; analyze costs and forecasts and incorporate them into business plans; determine and support resource requirements; evaluate operational processes; measure outcomes to ensure desired results; identify and capitalize on improvement opportunities; promote a customer-focused environment; and demonstrate adaptability and sponsor continuous learning.
- Work closely with Human Resources to attract and maintain a highly skilled workforce by recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
- Use the advantage of company size, internal and external resources, and talent to achieve success. Create an environment where employees are held accountable for achieving goals and results. Apply broad, cross-functional knowledge and resources to produce results that best fit the company strategy. Prioritize and balance time, actions, resources, and initiatives to ensure accomplishment of critical results. Make sure desired initiatives and priorities are implemented appropriately.
- o 10 - 25% domestic travel to and from multiple facilities or work-sites requiring consecutive overnight stays
- BA/BS Degree in a business or engineering related field or 10+ years of drilling industry management experience.
- Five years of energy industry management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Five or more years supervising managers who have P&L responsibility and make employment decisions
- Oil and Gas Drilling Industry experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to deal with all levels of personnel within the industry.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of technicians, rental equipment and auxiliary rental components (e.g. engine / generator sets).
- Strong working knowledge of domestic rentals equipment market and related equipment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical materials. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers. Ability to present information to management effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work to tight deadlines.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available