Canrig Drilling Technology Ltd.
Updated: Aug 17 2012
||Business Development, Field Service Tech, Operations Manager
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Continue growth of US Canrig S&R's rentals business, while satisfying customer needs and demands, and to ensure profitable and safe operations throughout the US. The rentals business shall include top drives, catwalks and potentially other Canrig capital equipment (e.g. wrenches). Finally, promote all Canrig wellsite products and services, and Canrig in general.
- Safety - As defined by management the goals and objectives for the Service & Rentals business.
- Maintain rental equipment downtime below 0.5%, and be an OFS industry leader in service in the rental business.
- Grow rentals revenue to meet and exceed yearly financial plans.
- Gross margin to exceed 50% within ongoing rentals business.
- Work with the District Managers, Product Line Specialists and Field Service (IS&T) to improve field technician service delivery and performance, as related to the rentals business.
- Work with Canrig S&R Sales & Marketing, including both District Sales Representatives and Account Managers, to secure rental agreements which meet or exceed budgeted rental volume and revenue.
- Work with Canrig Manufacturing based on S&R's rental equipment needs relative to their production schedule, applications & survey install work and major repair and/or overhaul work.
- Develop the rental budget that will meet or exceed revenue and gross margin goals. Develop a capital expenditure budget consistent with the P&L budget.
- Develop forecast of equipment needs and ensure adequate inventory to meet forecast.
- Coordinate with Manufacturing and Development to ensure the rentals equipment, products and all associated applications and hardware are kept up-to-date and functioning properly.
- Continuously investigate, evaluate and recommend new rental opportunities.
Minimum of 5 years Management experience in top drives, rental equipment or other relevant oilfield service sector. Top drive experience preferred, with strong preference given to those with a minimum of 4 years experience as a top drive or equipment technician.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to deal with all levels of personnel within the industry.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of technicians, rental equipment and auxiliary rental components (e.g. engine / generator sets).
- Strong working knowledge of domestic rentals equipment market and related equipment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical materials. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers. Ability to present information to management effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Must be willing and able to travel. Approximate splits are 70% Office time, 30% Field time.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, or other significant relevant education. Additional domain-specific training, prior industry experience and industry contacts are important
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available