The Morrow Group
Updated: Aug 31 2012
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
TMG has an immediate opening for a Sr. Researcher in Microseismic. Primary responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to a full range of geophysical and signal processing tasks as well as representing company in sponsored Joint Industry Programs or Consortium.
Position activities and accountabilities include:
- Develop case histories using existing and newly acquired microseismic data.
- Conduct analysis of micro-earthquake focal mechanisms/moment tensors.
- Optimize the processing of microseismic data by utilizing understanding of standard and new techniques including multiple analysis, double-difference relocations, shear-wave splitting, interferometry and resonance frequencies in reservoirs.
- Analyze microseismic data; create improved algorithms/workflows for data acquisition and processing.
- Identify, evaluate and follow up JIP's
- Manage processing of theoretical or applied research using seismic and microseismic surveys recorded on assets, data acquired through mathematical modeling techniques and around the hydrocarbon reservoir.
- Work closely with the global group to define the tasks to be conducted.
- Disseminate technical knowledge and results to Head Quarters and affiliates.
PhD in Geophysics/Seismology with documented experience in Geo-Mechanics and/or Mechanical Engineering Insights is required.
The candidate should have experience in the planning, acquisition and processing of microseismic monitoring surveys.
A strong knowledge or experience in rocks physics, elastic wave propagation phenomena as well as exploration seismology is highly desirable.
Position requires some Domestic & International travel.
Geographical mobility and French language skills are a plus.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available