Updated: Aug 23 2012
||Chemical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Reservoir Engineering
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Job Number: TEC738182
Business / Project:Development
Job type:Full Time Regular (USA)
Location:US - Texas - Houston
BHP Billiton is all about smart technology, innovation and great talent. If you want a challenging career and a chance to explore resource opportunities as well as your ambitions, we're the company for you. Think ahead. Think BHP Billiton.
Provide reservoir engineering solutions and evaluations to support worldwide Exploration projects in the capture, maturation and appraisal phases. Provide reservoir engineering expertise to Exploration well and operational planning, formation evaluation and testing. Responsible for quantification and classification of discovered resources for appraisal projects.
- Innovative and creative
- Successfully and articulately communicates results of work and is receptive to other models and ideas
- Action Oriented, Proactive. Willing to lead integrated evaluation teams.
- Meets stated deadlines providing high quality and fit for purpose evaluations.
- Encourages collaboration within and between teams; works toward win-win relationships with functional groups and the Res Eng community.
- Comfortable with uncertainty analysis and probabilistic methods
- Fosters open dialog and comfortable sharing his/her opinion; respectful of fellow team members
- Exercises good judgment when faced with uncertainty, able to make timely decisions.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary teams to provide reservoir development solutions to support economic evaluations of Exploration projects. Identify possible recovery solutions due to water injection, artificial lift, well and reservoir management.
- Develop reservoir engineering inputs for evaluations, using appropriate and fit for purpose tools and models ranging from classical engineering on prospects to reservoir simulation on appraisal projects.
- Present evaluation results in a clear and concise manner to convey the key risks and value drivers.
- Participate in well planning teams and provide Res Eng support for well and DST design, formation evaluation and regulatory submissions. Provide operational support during drilling for FE program and DST if required.
- Manage MDT, PVT, SCAL and flow assurance studies and data during appraisal.
Responsible for quantification and classification of discovered resources for appraisal projects and input of resource documentation into VOLTS.
- This position requires a Bachelor of Science or advanced degree in Petroleum or Chemical Engineering
- Requires solid, demonstrated technical capabilities in some or all of the following areas of reservoir modeling / numerical simulation, history matching, simulation work flows, depletion planning, performance prediction, fluid characterization modeling, SCAL data interpretation & manipulation, water flooding and economics.
- The candidate should possess effective communications skills, and the ability to interact with multi-disciplined teams on a global scale, both internal and external to the Company.
- Proficiency in the use of various engineering software such Eclipse, Schedule, Prosper, GAP, SAPHIR, and familiarity with experimental design software, Petrel and extended networks
Experience Level: A minimum of 10-15 years experience in the upstream petroleum industry, preferably with a major oil company. A minimum of three years experience supporting Exploration operations and evaluations would be a plus.
THINK OF THE OPPORTUNITIES WITHIN BHP BILLITON. THINK LOCAL. THINK GLOBAL.
With 44,000 employees working in more than 100 operations in approximately 25 countries, we represent the world's largest diversified resources company. We take our commitment to the communities in which we operate and do business in very seriously, and we are committed to operating safely and sustainably.
M/F/D/V EEO/AA Employer
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available