Omron Oilfield & Marine
Updated: Aug 21 2012
||IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Programming & Database, Software Specialist
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Salary plus bonus
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Omron Oilfield & Marine is one of the leading design/manufacturing companies providing innovative control systems for AC and DC motor controls, software and services for the Oil and Gas Industry.
This position entails analyzing highlevel project requirements and customer needs to create software requirements for softwarebased products and services primarily aimed at drilling contractors in the Oil and Gas industry. A key required skill includes the ability to communicate effectively between customers, management, and technical personnel including software, system engineers and software quality assurance personnel.
Key responsibilities of the position include delivering quality software requirements to the development team, ensuring the requirements satisfy customer goals and objectives, adherence to company and regulatory procedures, requirement quality, and collection and reporting of requirement metrics.
- Analyzing highlevel project requirements and eliciting customer needs to create software requirements for SoftwareasaService offerings
- Communicating effectively between customerfacing groups (including marketing, user experience and service/support personnel) and technical groups (including software, system engineers and software quality assurance personnel).
- Delivering quality software requirements to the software development team, ensuring that the requirements satisfy customer goals and objectives
- Estimating and planning own work and collecting/reporting requirement metrics.
- Capturing software requirement information in multiple formats including scenarios / use cases / stories
- Presenting requirements information verbally and in writing.
- Responding to questions from the development and quality assurance teams and other project stakeholders including managers and customerfacing groups.
- Providing input as needed for design concept options for meeting requirements
- Establishing business opportunity models for new products / services, including financial projections, pricing and cost structures.
- Work with and lead crossfunctional groups to launch to offerings
- Establishing marketing campaigns and collateral for new and existing products and services, for both internal and external audiences
- Some travel required (Approximately 10%)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 5 or more years of relevant experience analyzing and creating software requirements in the Oil and Gas market; drilling and controls systems experience a big plus
- Experience writing software requirements in multiple formats including scenarios, use cases, and user stories; experience with UML modeling is a plus
- Experience interacting with external customers or focus groups
- Superior communication skills with both technical and nontechnical people
- Ensuring traceability of requirements from their source through validation testing
- Collaborative skills to facilitate preliminary high level solution discussions and provide input to design concepts as needed
- Reviewing/providing feedback on high level designs and/or test plans to ensure the expected software implementation will meet requirements
- Experience with Agile project management in a Microsoft TFS environment a plus
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to prioritize efforts having competing priorities and originating from multiple sources
- Ability to define, plan and execute projects of high complexity
- Ability to effectively communicate status & progress of assigned project work both inside and outside the department
- Ability to accurately estimate task durations
- Base the scope of work on factual information including historical data and metrics
- Assess and manage software change requests
- Knowledge of software development life cycles and Agile practices
- Knowledge of key elements of effective software requirements
- Understanding of SaaS and PaaS domains
- Analytical skills able to identify and solve complex problems
- Substantial experience with Windows and Webbased GUIs
- A highlevel of selfmotivation
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work with others in person and offsite
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to address conflict in a timely and effective manner with project team members, peers, and management
- Exhibit characteristics and behaviors that support Omron mission, vision and values.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to Omron Corporate and Departmental goals.
- Superior written communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, and financial reports.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from all stakeholder groups.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Omron Oilfield & Marine offers competitive salary and benefits including health, dental, vision, life, AD&D, long and short term disability insurance benefits, 401(k) retirement plan, profit sharing, paid time off benefits and more.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available