Updated: Sep 14 2012
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
This position performs drafting functions for development of new and existing products and drafts as-built equipment in at least two different disciplines.
- Generate detailed designs and drawings, concepts, new product mechanisms, sub-assemblies, and packaging as requested.
- Resolve design/drawing issues as appropriate.
- Develop the required documentation during development and for transfer to production (models, detail drawings, diagrams, BOM, assembly procedures, etc.).
- Generate meticulous, detailed, and thorough documentation.
- Assist designers and engineers with shop and field measurements of equipment
- Performs a preliminary self-check of drawings produced prior to submitting them to the drafting supervisor or designer/engineer for approval.
- Ensure designs are in accordance with drafting, safety and regulatory standards.
- Post secondary education in Engineering and/or Drafting Technology
- Work experience considered an asset
- Experience in oilfield/rig equipment fabrication is an asset.
- Experience with Solidworks is an asset
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities
- Ability to communicate clearly to both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Work in a fast paced and changing work environment
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available