Our client is a privately-held Fort Worth based exploration and production company concentrated on the development of unconventional onshore oil.
Fort Worth, Texas
This person will report to the Vice President of Engineering.
Our client has amassed sizable positions in the Permian Basin, DJ Basin of Colorado and Wyoming and the East Texas Basin. They continue to grow their position in these three plays and consistently evaluate additional formations in these and other unconventional oil resource plays.
The company has asked us to help them identify and recruit an individual who can develop drilling programs as well as supervise their current drilling activity out in the field. This role will also encompass future management responsibilities in building out the team.
The Senior Drilling Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Directing and supervising daily drilling operations in a manner that will ensure continued safety and profitability.
- Developing, designing and managing drilling programs for newly planned wells. This will include giving support to the preparation of economic and technical evaluation of tenders, provision of materials, preparation and control of AFE's (Authorization for Expenditures).
- Supervising and coordinating all field personnel and contractors related to specific projects ensuring cost effectiveness and efficient performance.
- Ensuring that operations are run in safe and environmentally sound manner.
- Establish criteria measuring operations and regularly appraise and evaluate results against these standards.
- Development of drilling programs, control and daily operational monitoring of project implementation.
In addition to the above duties an ideal candidate will have experience with: well planning, casing design, bits, bottom hole assemblies and hydraulics, rigs-drilling, completions and workover, direction and horizontal drilling, fishing tools (open hole and cased hole), wellheads (hi / lo pressure), plug and abandon, drilling fluids (water base and oil base muds), well control, frac stimulation treatments, coil tubing, snubbing operations, artificial lift, sub surface production tools and equipment, and disposal well experience.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The finalist will possess a Bachelors degree with a curriculum in Engineering (Petroleum, Drilling, Chemical, Mechanical, or Industrial). The successful candidate should also have 10+ years of experience in well planning, drilling and field operations. His/her experience should include working within East and/or West Texas Basins, and the DJ Basin. Experience in horizontal drilling and development in unconventional shale based plays is essential. Logistics experience would be an advantage as the Senior Drilling Engineer will have to manage service contracts for drilling projects, maintain relationships with contractors and internal customers.
The candidate must be an articulate, organized, disciplined individual with a reputation for integrity and sound business judgment. This individual must have the character and professionalism that will establish immediate credibility with the company and industry personnel. The successful candidate must also have well-developed social and interpersonal skills and be able to communicate well and deal persuasively with individuals at all levels, both within and outside the company. The candidate must be honest, ethical and of high moral character. Additionally, the successful candidate will conduct himself/herself in a manner that will reflect favorably upon the company, enhance his/her reputation and promote good will.
In summary, the candidate will be a proven engineering professional that can manage and maximize the value of the company's most significant assets through his/her technical, business and managerial skills. The successful candidate must be entrepreneurial, a team player and a leader who has the ability to conceive, direct and implement successful projects.