One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well- drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention- and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Responsible for the overall marketing strategy of the GBU. The position entails strategic market planning from both a product/services and competitor perspective. The function includes creation and follow-through of various strategic elements such as market penetration, client penetration, pricing, segmentation, and technology. Ensure that marketing programs meet business unit goals and objectives by providing marketing support and counsel to business unite management, global/regional product line representatives, and regional/country sales force.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Account management: Formulate, direct and coordinate marketing activities and policies to promote products and services, provide client counsel on the best marketing mix needed to achieve business goals. Work with managed accounts to develop targeted messaging and engagement plans.
Competitive intelligence: Gather data on competitors and analyze their methods of marketing and distribution, monitor industry trends in trade literature, measure and assess client satisfaction with respective product lines. Measure the effectiveness of marketing, advertising, and communications programs and strategies. Engage regional teams to develop strategies which align with regional/global objectives (strategic clients, market share, must-wins, etc).
Overall marketing planning: Includes identifying, developing and evaluating marketing strategy, based on knowledge of established objectives, market characteristics, and cost and markup factors. Includes developing marketing communication plans for each product line, attending key sales force, product line and technology meetings to keep up-to-date on new products, challenges, and how marketing can help this business unit better sell its products and services. Also provide counsel for and oversee project management of the following marketing materials.
- Trade journal advertising: Plan and oversee the development of advertising campaigns for associated product lines. Also assist regions with the development and placement of advertising. Other responsibilities include adhering to an advertising budget and working with an outside advertising agency on developing and following an advertising schedule.
- Product and Services marketing materials: Work with product lines and sales force to determine literature needs for existing and new products - provide direction to marketing coordinator for content development, approvals, graphics, production and distribution of these materials. Explore ways of using multimedia tools, including how and when these types of materials should be used either in addition to or instead of printed materials.
Technical Skill Requirements
- Bachelors degree in marketing, advertising, business, or other arts or sciences degree
- More than 10 years of experience with a corporation or communication firm, with budgeting, forecasting and planning responsibilities
- Knowledge of all phases of collateral materials production, including ability to determine goal of the piece, ability to organize and supervise photo shoots, ability to proofread.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines and multiple projects
Management Skill Requirements
- Problem solving: When situations occur, thinks through possible solutions/courses of action. Also tried to find solutions despite limitations set by others.
- Project Management: Ability to conceive and execute marketing communication materials, prioritize assignments, focus on projects that benefit the greatest number of people in the organization, meet deadlines. Ability to bid on projects, provide proper specifications, and work within a budget.
- Business Knowledge: Clear understanding of division's business objectives, key clients' objectives, ability to link organizational initiatives to marketplace events, general knowledge of division's products and services, ability to research/gather facts and information through interviews, the Internet, etc.
- Communication planning: Ability to determine what issues are facing the division/product line, making recommendations, developing short- and long-term marketing communication objectives.
- Team approach: Ability to work with different marketing, engineering and IT disciplines to develop solutions for marketing challenges.