Updated: Dec 13 2012
||Dickinson, ND, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
OVERVIEW: POSITION DESCRIPTION
Diesel mechanics are mechanics that specialize in working on diesel engines exclusively. The job of a diesel mechanic includes several general steps, from diagnosing the problem to determining the appropriate solution - and finally applying it. Diesel mechanics may perform their job with or without any specialized diagnostic equipment, though most professionals at least use some common stands to keep the engine in place. Considering the nature of a diesel engine compared to a standard gas one, computers tend to be somewhat less useful in the diagnostic procedure and aren't applied as much.
Key Work Experiences/Education:
- High School Education or equivalent
- Technical trade school certificate
- Previous experience as a licensed diesel mechanic
- Must maintain a valid Class A Driver's License
- Must have an insurable driving record
Technical/Functional competencies required for selection:
- Must be able to follow and comprehend instructions.
- Must be able to follow all safety procedures and policies.
- Candidate must display extraordinary knowledge and prior working experience with diesel mechanics
- Knowledge of diesel engines in particular is a must
- Must be able to trouble shoot and make quick diagnostics for immediate repair
- Must be able to operate any required equipment related to position
- Must be able to maintain a positive working relationship with all employees, clients, field, and safety personnel.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and attitude at all times while on the job site.
- Must be fluent at reading, speaking, and writing English.
- Must be able to maintain communications with Transfield supervisors of job status and current assigned responsibilities.
- Must have the knowledge and motivation to maintain a clean jobsite free of tripping hazards and unnecessary obstacles.
- Need to be proficient in all aspect of tractor maintenance which include but not limited to, engines, suspensions, brakes, electrical components, etc.
- Incumbant will also need to be proficient in routine trailer maintenance which include but not limited to suspensions, brakes, electrical components, etc.
- Must be capable of working in a fast paced environment.
- Must be capable of working in all types of weather conditions.
- Must be able to bend, squat and kneel.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 60 pounds unassisted.
- Must be able to work long hours and all required shift schedules that may be up to seven days a week for extended duration's
Successful candidate must meet all conditions of Transfield Services Resources & Energy Drug and Alcohol testing requirements as a condition of employment. Drug/alcohol screening is administered post-offer and pre-employment.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available