Calmena Energy Services
Updated: Dec 19 2012
||Seismic , Microseismic, Geophysics
||Red Deer, Canada
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Calmena is a diversified energy services company that provides well construction services to its customers operating in Canada, United States, Latin America and the Middle East and North Africa. The Common Shares of Calmena trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ''CEZ''.
This position would carry out Borehole Microseismic Acquisitions and provide support for Surface Seismic Acquisition as needed.
- Work in the field to deploy borehole geophone arrays and acquire high quality microseismic data .
- Perform Preventative Maintenance and Service equipment used in Borehole Microseismic Acquisition.
- Coordinate equipment with suppliers.
- Train personnel in the use of equipment and systems utilized in microsiesmic acquisition.
- Liaison between the field, processing center and client.
- Manage field crews and schedule personnel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc in Engineering, Geosciences, Mathematics, Physics or Computers combined with relevant work experience will be given preference.
- Must have a basic understanding of Geology and Geophysics.
- Preference will be given to candidates with 3+ years' experience in one or all - Microseismic, Seismic or Borehole Acquisition.
- Familiarity with systems utilized in microseismic or seismic acquisition such as OYO Geospace and/or Sercel.
- Experience with Oyo Geospace tools (DS 150) and acquisition system (GeoRes) would be an asset.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be an effective communicator.
- Strong computer literacy.
- Exceptional leadership ability.
- Strong interpersonal skills and work ethic.
- Ability to function independently and in a team environment
- Some travel is necessary.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available