Updated: May 22 2013
||Floating Systems, Riser Engineering
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Peritus provides advanced subsea and floating systems engineering and project management services to offshore oil and gas projects across the globe. Using highly experienced people, advanced technology and global knowledge networks, Peritus is currently recruiting for a Senior Riser Engineer with experience in riser design and analysis to join our expanding team.
Riser design engineer working as part of the Dynamic Systems team, covering riser design and installation analysis.
- Performance of riser design and analysis activities such as global dynamic analysis, involved in riser systems design either as part of the overall field development or as an independent system with interfaces to other areas of the development
- Performance of riser installation analysis
- Ensuring accurate and timely issuance of engineering deliverables such as technical notes, reports and associated drawings, MTOs, specifications etc
- Projects at various stages of their lifecycle - Conceptual Design, Front End Engineering Design, Detailed Design and Installation
- Liaison with clients and third parties as required
- Liaison with & support other Peritus offices as required
- Development of installation procedures for SCRs including initiation, normal lay, riser transfer from pipe-lay vessel to facility pull in system, pull in and set down in hull receptacles an advantage
Related design and analysis experience with the following systems is an advantage for this position:
- Riser Towers
- Top tensioned risers
- Dynamic Umbilicals
- Flexible Risers
- Installation engineering
- A degree-qualified engineer with 8-10 years experience in dynamic riser design & analysis
- Experience with one or more packages including Orcaflex, Flexcom, Abaqus, Ansys, OFFPIPE, MathCAD
- Good communication (oral) skills including experience with presentations to large audiences, technical client interfacing and leading group meetings
- Demonstrated written skills for technical report writing
Qualifications & Educational Requirements:
- Degree Qualified in a Technical Discipline
- Bachelor of Science - Engineering
- Minimum of 8-10 years experience within a similar role.
Travel and Visas:
There will be some travel requirements with the role.
Peritus International Inc. offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Flexible Work Hours
- Paid Time Off
- 401k matching
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage
- Comprehensive Dental Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonuses
Peritus is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates should submit their resumes in confidence to Peritus International Inc.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available