Updated: Aug 27 2012
||Business Development, Legal
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Business / Project:Exploration
Job type:Full Time Regular (USA)
Location:US - Texas - Houston
BHP Billiton is all about smart technology, innovation and great talent. If you want a challenging career and a chance to explore resource opportunities as well as your ambitions, we're the company for you. Think ahead. Think BHP Billiton.
Responsible for the negotiations (within approved guidelines) and JV management of commercial agreements for Gulf of Mexico.
Represent BHPB in commercial transactions with joint venture partners and government officials in accordance with BHPB's charter values.
BEHAVIOURAL & LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
1. Possesses Leadership Capabilities
2. Strong Interpersonal Skills and desire to work as part of a team.
3. Articulate and Practiced Communicator
4. Complex Problem Solver
5. Assertive and deals well with confrontation
6. Excels at Teamwork
7. Potential to Mentor and lead by example
8. Commitment to win/win relations
9. Alignment with BHPB operating principles and charter values
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Facilitate and coordinate required information and data to BOEM regarding various unitization and lease obligations.
2. Coordinate and lead commercial support for various Integrated Project Teams in support of both operated and non-operated projects.
3. Develop Joint Operating Agreement, provisions, amendments or exhibits necessary to support project needs and post moratorium related requirements.
4. Develop and execute commercial strategy for nearfield opportunities.
5. Negotiate and prepare various infrastructure usage agreements (Production & Handling Agreement, Right of Ways, etc.)
6. Ensure contract compliance on all AFE proposals regarding development/production activities.
7. Prepare and negotiate other required agreements to support business objectives.
8. Coordinate timely flow of information to partners.
9. Mentor and develop Negotiators.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• 15+ years of experience with significant exposure to offshore Gulf of Mexico land work. Bachelor's Degree required. Advanced degree preferred in Legal, Energy Land Management or Business.
• Knowledge of offshore regulations and Governmental rules
• Expertise in identifying, pursuing and negotiating transactions
• Effective communication skills, including experience in presenting and influencing senior management
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and manage multiple transactions and other responsibilities effectively, in an independent capacity and as part of a team
• Leadership and coaching experience of professional staff
• Strategic innovative thinking capability
• Balanced commercial judgment
• Experience leading negotiations
• Breadth of knowledge in transaction structuring, valuation, and transaction management
• Adept at contract drafting
THINK OF THE OPPORTUNITIES WITHIN BHP BILLITON. THINK LOCAL. THINK GLOBAL.
With 44,000 employees working in more than 100 operations in approximately 25 countries, we represent the world's largest diversified resources company. We take our commitment to the communities in which we operate and do business in very seriously, and we are committed to operating safely and sustainably.
M/F/D/V EEO/AA Employer
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available