National Oilwell Varco
Updated: Aug 14 2012
||CAD/CAM, Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineering
||Associates/2 yr Degree
||Cedar Park, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
This position primarily involves the design, development and sustaining of NOV's suite of downhole survey tools (e-Totco, FloDrift and product roadmap extensions), but will also involve the design of other well site related instrumentation products. Responsibilities include creating and modifying models, drawings, BOM's and purchase parts requests. Typical work involves electrical and mechanical components, electrical and hydraulic schematics, physical layouts and complete assemblies. The individual will be required to supply keep out zones for electrical assemblies, as well as import electronic board designs for mechanical fit check. This work is done within the framework of the engineering document control system and is performed in collaboration with department engineers and other designers.
- Ability to understand and apply fundamental Geometric Dimension & Tolerancing
- Must be able to create 3D models of designs and create 2D drawings to acceptable drafting practices
- Ability to design new product components and assemblies as well as revise existing products
- Prepare detailed sketches and layouts of new products
- Generate Bills of Materials and Engineering Change Notices
- Provide support and direction to manufacturing to ensure product is fabricated and assembled based on the intended functionality of the design
- Complete all responsibilities in a timely and professional manner while maintaining quality
- Perform other duties as required by management
- Associate's degree or technical certificate
- 2 years experience with ProE and/or Solidworks
- 2 years experience with AutoCAD
- 3 years experience designing and drafting as described above
- 2 years experience with a document control system
- Mechanical aptitude is required
- Must be able to visualize new designs and concepts
- Excellent technical communication skills including proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Email
- Excellent written as well as verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills as well as ability to prioritize assignments
- Ability to interact cooperatively and collaboratively with others as a team
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and professionalism
- Knowledge of industry utilized design standards - ANSI, ISO, etc.
- Ability to perform basic level engineering calculations such as estimation of areas, volumes, and weights.
- Metal machining, fabrication, manufacturing and assembly process familiarity is a huge plus.
- Experience in engineering or manufacturing in the Oil and Gas industry preferred. Prior design experience with downhole tools would be extremely beneficial.
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available