Updated: Aug 13 2012
||HSE Manager / Advisor, HSE , EU & EEA
||London, United Kingdom
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Opportunity to join a leading Oil & Gas Operator on a permanent basis in London.
Key responsibilities will include:
* The provision of practical and well thought out solutions to HSE requirements
* This is a new role building on the legacy processes in place. The candidate will need to work with the Group HSEQ Manager E&P to define the working scope of the role to ensure efficient delivery.
* Although there are standards and processes in place at a Global level the challenge will be to ensure that the standard is both complied with and applied to Algerian Operations.
* Communication of the Global HSEQ goals and objectives is a key requirement of the HSEQ function and which the HSE Manager role will be substantially involved in..
* The further establishment of the HSE function as a competent service provider is crucial to the delivery of the GU's HSEQ expectations and a responsibility of the HSE Manager and Team members
* Assist in the establishment of a positive HSE culture based around the sound understanding of risk management within the context of a Duty Holder environment.
* Interaction with and the influence of contract project staff.
* Provide HSE leadership and support to the Drilling Manager
* The HSE Manager shall report functionally to the Group HSEQ Manager E&P and to the Drilling Manager. In country close interface with the Operations Manager is required
* This position combines the dual roles of the provision of competent HSE advice and support to the Algeria Project team and the E&P Business Unit as required
* Ensure that the HSE Management System is properly developed and implemented according to the company's activities.
* Provide a competent & proactive service to the UK and Algeria located Drilling team to ensure that HSE risks are understood & controls or mitigations are put in place in a timely & economical fashion
* Participate in (& where appropriate lead) incident investigation teams including follow up and closeout of actions.
Plan & execute HSE Audits on drilling contractors, specific rigs & service companies as required;
* Provide a competent resource for emergency & contingency management; develop & manage emergency response exercises as required
* Support and provide input into general activities in Algeria, including future development planning & business development.
* Focal point for Regulatory Authorities and the positive management of these relationships
* Risk Management supervision/guidance. Provide HSE inputs at HAZIDs, HIRAs, HAZOPs, SIMOPS, design reviews, gate reviews etc
* Assist in developing and maintain the HSEQ Management System.
* Quality and Regulatory Assurance, including the conduct of audits, verifications and accident investigations
* Development of Project and Asset specific HSEQ Plans
* Develop and maintain a permits & consents plan relating to drilling operations.
* Manage the collection & timely reporting of key proactive & reactive HSE metrics to the organisation
* Provision of proactive HSE advice and support to the Drilling Manager, Algerian located Operations manager and the HSEQ group as required.
* Ensure that the HSE risks associated with E&P Algeria Drilling activities are systematically identified & mitigated.
The ideal candidate will:
* Be prepared and physically able to travel to Algeria as and when required
* Be a member of the Emergency Response Team
* Be prepared to deputise for the Group HSEQ Manager
* Undertake necessary training and certification for international travel
* Ability to work at onshore, project / senior management / Governmental level
* Ability to anticipate operational and GU requirements
* Ability to represent the HSE Team at all levels including drilling and construction personnel within the organisation and external stakeholders
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available