Our client, a major Oil and Gas owner operator is looking to hire a PROJECT CONTROL LEAD for their office in Calgary on a long term contract basis.
This position reports functionally to the Manager of Project Services and is assigned to the Project Manager. The Project Controls Lead is a key member of the Project Management Team and is accountable for the functions of estimating, planning, scheduling, progress measurement, coding, change management, forecasting, cost/schedule control and related reporting. This position is also responsible for scope control, coordinating risk management and information management support.
* Provide accurate forecasts of cost, schedule and risk
* Report status of costs, quantities, hours, progress, schedule, changes and risk
* Validate integrity of scope and quantity data as a basis for control
* Performance feedback on control team members
* Mentoring of project control personnel and validation of control team outputs
* Proactively highlight, mitigate and resolve issues among all stakeholders
* Prepare project controls contract exhibits and perform bid evaluation
* Integrate owner and contractor data for consolidated reporting
* Analyze EPC contractor reports to verify accuracy and highlight potential issues
* Apprise project management team members of opportunities and risks
* Support projects funding requests and fiscal budgeting processes
* Maintain cash flows and staffing plans
* Ensure required deliverables for gate reviews are ready and resolve any findings
* Respond to requests for information from JV partner
* Legally authorized to work in Canada on a regular full-time basis without restrictionsÂ
* Related degree, or technical diploma, or equivalent work experience
* Minimum 15 years experience in oil and gas EPC projects with at least 5 years in the Alberta environment
* Experience an construction sites, engineering offices and in owner oversight roles
* Experience with all phases of major capital projects and all contract forms
* Proven track record in leading project control teams with facilitation, problem-solving, communication, teamwork and mentoring skills
* Results focused, analytical, organization and prioritization skills
* Experience with SAGD and drilling projects and related facilities
* Estimating, planning, scheduling, cost control and risk analysis skills
* AACE International membership
* Awareness of competitive project delivery methods and related benchmarks
Petroplan is a global organisation which delivers recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support throughout the oil and energy industry.
Our outstanding reputation for placing high-calibre technical personnel within permanent and contract positions is based on Petroplan's tailored service offering which provides optimal results.
We have regional offices within Canada, Europe, the Middle East, USA, Asia-Pacific and India from which all our key competencies are delivered. In collaboration with our strategic partners, Petroplan currently supports clients and personnel throughout forty countries.