Our client, a major Oil and Gas owner operator is looking for a Project Cost Control Engineer / Specialist for their office in Calgary on a long term contract basis. The Project Controls Engineer/Specialist provides project control services for facility projects group that are executed by the business unit. The primary responsibilities for this position are to support project managers in the execution of projects in various stages of execution including but not limited to, plans, evaluations, reports and other related project documentation. The main functions include project reporting, budget and forecast monitoring, preparing and providing cost reports and spending profiles, monthly accruals, documenting and tracking change management for project.
* Responsible for typical cost control tasks (cost monitoring, reporting and analysis) on the portfolio of small to medium range projects running at a time.
* Coordinating with EP House/ Third parties and capture engineering and procurement cost and gather / manage construction cost on multiple small/medium projects.
* Establish and maintain cost breakdown structure to monitor budgets and other parameters for complete project scope based upon approved estimate.
* Provide monthly accruals, project cost reports, spending profile and other cost status reports to project stake holder.
* Responsible to gather timely and accurate Incurred Cost (Value of Work Done) data from construction team, contractors and other associated groups in order to facilitate monthly accrual process.
* Implement and maintain change management procedure on each project to monitor and track cost and schedule trends/changes along with appropriate documentations and approvals.
* Calculate project forecast at CBS/WBS level using change management, risk management and progress measurement.
* Ensure implementation/maintenance of the project cost tracking system to monitor and analyze budget, commitments, actual cost and cost variances.
* Assist Project Managers and EP firms in preparation of project cost estimates. Evaluate contractor/vendor/supplier estimates against project budgets
* Gather and provide consolidated reporting on cost and man-hours for direct and indirect costs for contractor and owner on a timely basis.
* Analyze cost data, physical progress data and schedule data in order to calculate project cost forecasts.
* Review and reconcile actual project costs monthly from JDE accounting system and cost control software.
* Implement Risk and Contingency Management procedures on the project and coordinate /review risk and contingency status with Project Management group on the monthly basis.
* Compilation and review of monthly project / program report for management which includes scope, cost and schedule data, EHS data, man-hour, progress information etc. * Coordinate with project team and others to obtain and compile the information for the project report on monthly basis.
* Assist project manager in project closure.
Coordination with Project Manager, Construction Management Team, Finance and other groups as required.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
* Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
* 5+ years project controls experience on smaller to medium construction project portfolio would be an asset.
* MS Project or Primavera skills would be an asset.
* Exceptional MS Excel skills would be an asset.
* Project Control experience with IT system implementation would be an asset
* EPCM experience would be an asset.
* Well developed communication and interpretation skills.
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team.
* Experience in planning/scheduling would be an asset
Petroplan is a global organisation which delivers recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support throughout the oil and energy industry.
Our outstanding reputation for placing high-calibre technical personnel within permanent and contract positions is based on Petroplan's tailored service offering which provides optimal results.
We have regional offices within Canada, Europe, the Middle East, USA, Asia-Pacific and India from which all our key competencies are delivered. In collaboration with our strategic partners, Petroplan currently supports clients and personnel throughout forty countries.