Updated: Nov 11 2012
||Mechanical Engineering, Strong knowledge of ASME, API Codes and other offshore codes
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Depends on Experience
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
My client is a professional engineering company duly licensed and registered in the State of Texas offering services to the upstream oil & gas sector. The founders are passionate engineering professions and still actively engaged in the business. They provide project management, front end engineering and detailed engineering for domestic and international projects.
The Company is constantly looking for professionals with the desire to succeed. Their emphasis on value added engineering differentiates them from our competitors. You will enjoy a relaxed and pleasant work environment, excellent opportunities for advancement, and an attractive compensation package,
Overall Job Responsibilities
The Senior Mechanical Engineer position is ideal for the engineering professional that wants to stay deeply technical while participating within a cross functional high energy team. The technical aptitude of the ideal candidate is the key determinant for success. This role will work closely within a project team developing the engineering deliverables. This role will be very appealing to engineers who want to closely see their work product through construction. The ideal candidate is diligent and self motivated with attention to detail. This position is based in the Energy Corridor of West Houston.
Detailed Job Responsibilities
In this role, you'll be utilizing your significant technical engineering expertise to provide the following support:
- Design mechanical systems for oil and gas production facilities by applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
- Provides engineering support by answering questions and requests from vendors and clients.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Develops conceptual/preliminary designs to meet customer requirements and to provide a basis for bidding contracts.
- Coordinates with other engineering disciplines to incorporate requirements at an early stage and provide cost effective, clash free designs
- Provides input and coordinate the work of designers in the preparation of approved for construction drawings.
- Reviews and check all drawings prior to construction issue
- Participates in constructability reviews and alter designs as appropriate to maximize construction productivity
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering from a 4 year accredited university.
- Minimum of fifteen plus years mechanical engineering experience including upstream offshore projects.
ROLE SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE:
- Strong knowledge of ASME, API Codes with other codes as a plus. Microsoft Office is necessary.
The ideal candidate will meet basic and preferred qualifications. Preferred qualifications include:
- Familiarity with offshore engineering/fabrication practices and trends
- Demonstrate good organization and project planning skills.
- Ability to prepare accurate, effective, complete and easily understood written communications and reports. Demonstrate strong internal presentation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available