Updated: Aug 10 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||St. John's, Canada
||Req ID 7706
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Business Lead Job Description
Primary point of contact at Bull Arm for all site commercial and business related issues.
Reports to Site Construction Site Manager and actively supports objectives and initiatives of functional GBS Business Manager.
Key interface with GBS St. John's business team to provide input to cost, progress, schedule, site subcontracting and procurement matters and overall project controls at Bull Arm.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Ensure appropriate EPC management of Bull Arm procurement, subcontracts and off-site fabrication by interfacing with construction leads and others. Facilitate issue resolution with St. John's EM/KKC procurement / subcontracting personnel. On-site procurement and subcontracting point-of-contact.
Responsible for review and approval of KKC local Bull Arm originated procurement needs.
Responsible for Bull Arm Lease with Nalcor.
Ensure appropriate project controls including progress reporting are in place at Bull Arm and off-site fabrication sites for effective oversight of EPC contractor.
Point of contact a site for accounting related matters including ensuring appropriate systems/reporting are in place for billing of hours worked by labor force, rental of equipment, etc.
Primary point of contact for contractual matters related to camp, materials management, and site services.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree or equivalent required
- Familiarity with project management best practices framework and key work processes preferred
- 25+ years' experience on major oil and gas projects
- 15+ years' experience in Subcontracting and Procurement
- 10+ years' experience in Project Controls including cost tracking, forecasting, reporting and schedule stewardship including progress measurement
- Previous GBS site management experience preferred
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to multitask and respond quickly to urgent requests
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to effectively interface across diverse cultures and disciplines
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available