Updated: Nov 19 2012
||Coil Tubing, Crane Operator
||Yukon, OK, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well- drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention- and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Support well site Coiled Tubing operations. Operates a company owned heavy vehicle on a daily basis between district and work site and operates coiled tubing equipment at the work site in order to provide elite customer service.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates fluid pumps and associated equipment without supervision.
- Operates nitrogen pumps and associated equipment without supervision.
- Operates coiled tubing units and associated equipment without supervision.
- Mobilizes of equipment by driving coiled tubing units, pump trucks, N2 trucks, transports, or pickup trucks to the job location.
- Conducts the pre-job and post-job inspections and testing of the coiled tubing units, N2 units, fluid pumps and other ancillary equipment by completing pre and post job inspections.
- Conducts the maintenance and general upkeep of the coiled tubing units and related equipment.
- Maintains a safe work area or job site by following Weatherford's standard operating procedures manuals.
- Monitors, inspects and adjusts all major equipment during operations to ensure the equipment's adequate operation, such adjusting pump and injection rates.
- This position requires the employee to have completed a minimum of 365 days as a Senior Equipment Operator Level 3 (EO-3) or equivalent. In addition, the employee must have completed all of the required ''Skills'' training for the Senior Equipment level before being eligible for advancement to this level.
- High school diploma/G.E.D (preferred) or equivalent.
- Knowledge of fluid pumps and associated equipment including proficiency in the proper start up of equipment, initiation of pumping, switching tanks, maintaining proper rate and pressure as per job requirements and/or procedures.
- Knowledge of nitrogen unit operations including proficiency in proper start, cool down of unit, initiation of pumping, transfer of liquid nitrogen between tanks, maintenance of flow rate and pressure as per job requirements and/or procedures.
- Knowledge of coiled tubing unit operations, including correctly connecting hydraulic hoses, equipment start-up, engaging of prime over fluid and hydraulic pumps. A demonstrated knowledge of the function and location of all coiled tubing unit operating controls.
- Demonstrated proficiency in making appropriate adjustments to pumping equipment based on job conditions, such changes may include adjustments relating to rate, temperature, or pressure during the job.
- The ability to perform in field repair of equipment. These abilities would include re-packing fluid pumps, re-build chokes, field dress BOP's and packoffs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot equipment in the field. Abilities would include diagnosing downhole complications and troubleshooting surface equipment.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamental of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available