Updated: Aug 6 2012
||HSE Manager / Advisor, Risk Management
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
BHP Billiton is all about smart technology, innovation and great talent. If you want a challenging career and a chance to explore resource opportunities as well as your ambitions, we're the company for you. Think ahead. Think BHP Billiton.
· Provide and coordinate effective safety engineering advice, support and information to Fayetteville Drilling and Production Activities; ensuring compliance with company-wide HSE Policies and Management Standards.
· Coordinate the implementation of HSE risk assessment and control processes, the development of the Case for Safety, integrate Quantitative Risk Analyses as required; participate in or lead HAZID and HAZOP workshops and provide guidance on operational issues that may impact safe operations for the Fayetteville operations. This role also has specialist input to accident/ incident investigations and audits.
· Develop and review Risk Associated procedures and work practices
· Maintain functional control during development and implementation of the case for safety
· Ensure performance standards have been developed and implemented for safety critical equipment and that written schemes of verification are in place
· Coordinate completion of HAZIDS, HAZOPS, Major Annual Hazards review, peer reviews and peer assists
· Contribute to HSE contractor risk assessments and supervise Safety Engineering contractors, as required.
· Support the development and upkeep of Site and Fayetteville risk registers
· Manage close-out of actions from Risk Assessments, self assessments and other HSE related systems.
· Lead process safety risk assessments and review site based modifications requiring detailed analysis.
· Monitor performance of Risk Engineering system and implement recommendations for system improvements.
· Provide support to site HSE Advisors as needed.
· Participate in incident/accident investigations, as needed.
· Arrange and co-ordinate Corporate HSE audits, as needed.
· Participate in emergency response exercises, drills and events.
· Facilitate communications with external regulatory bodies, as needed.
· Contribute to HSE assessment of tenders, as needed.
· Participate as part of global Petroleum Safety and Risk Engineering network.
· Risk-based approach
· Audit/ Verification
· Support to line management
BEHAVIOURAL & LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
· Influencing and building relationships
· Ability to effect change through others
· Willingness to stand alone
· HSE Manager
· Field Manager
· Operations Manager
· Engineering Manager
· Drilling Manager and Engineers
· Production Engineering Manager and Engineers
· Safety & Risk Manager
· Field based HSE Specialists
The Safety and Risk Engineer will be an office based position and will be a full time position reporting to the Fayetteville HSE Manager. The role will provide support for the sites formally through the HSE team
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Engineering Degree
· Professional Development qualifications
· Related course work and training
· English - Other languages optional
· Minimum 5 years HSE experience
· E & P Oil and Gas experience preferred
· Speciality in Safety and Risk
· Technical Proficiency - Process Safety
· Knowledge of applicable regulations
· Risk management and risk assessment skills.
· Technical proficiency and knowledge of Safety Case process and requirements
· Experience in an Operating Environment
THINK OF THE OPPORTUNITIES WITHIN BHP BILLITON. THINK LOCAL. THINK GLOBAL.
With 44,000 employees working in more than 100 operations in approximately 25 countries, we represent the world's largest diversified resources company. We take our commitment to the communities in which we operate and do business in very seriously, and we are committed to operating safely and sustainably.
M/F/D/V EEO/AA Employer
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available