Shell Canada Energy
Updated: Aug 8 2012
||Human Resources, PR / Corporate Communications, Regulatory Compliance
||British Columbia, Canada
Closed - No longer accepting applications
As part of the Community and Aboriginal Affairs team, this position is accountable for day to day delivery of community affairs programs in support of LNG Canada Project in Kitimat, BC.
As required, this position is responsible for overseeing elements of the implementation and monitoring of stakeholder and community engagement strategies, Social Performance Plan and consultation plans as required, in Kitimat, Terrace and the Regional District of Kitimat-Stikine (RDKS).
Provides support for ongoing issue identification and dispute resolution with multiple stakeholders (internal and external) in relation to regulatory compliance and timely execution of capital projects and ongoing operations.
Provides stakeholder engagement expertise including research and analyses to support development and implementation of strategies for new growth projects and the management and delivery of socioeconomic commitments with stakeholders in the community of Kitimat
- Must have legal requirement to work in Canada on a full time basis for anyone other than their current employer.
- Degree or diploma related to social sciences, business, communications or public relations or resource management combined with 5-8 years of directly related experience in a business environment.
- Strong understanding of energy and resource development, including regulatory environment, land use activities, environmental and social issues.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, exceptional listening, good oral and well-developed written communication skills.
- Conflict resolution, mediation and negotiation skills.
- Effective team player and strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, self-manage and strong planning and self-motivation skills.
- Ability to work with teams whose members are geographically distant and culturally diverse.
- Technical depth and breadth of experience dealing with socio-economic and resource development issues and consultation practices to support implementation of business strategies, goals and objectives.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships in a cross cultural setting and influence others to achieve business goals and objectives.
- Well-developed organizational and project management skills.
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available