The Velosi Group, founded in 1982, provides quality assurance and quality control services to a number of leading national and multinational oil and gas companies. The Velosi Group operates globally through four principal offices in the USA, the UK, Malaysia and the UAE and has operational or representative offices in a further 27 countries worldwide.
Our Houston, TX office is currently seeking an Interface Coordinator
The Interface Coordinator develops, implements, and monitors the effectiveness of the project interface management process. Interface management typically involves the coordination of multiple contractors involved in a large-scale oil and gas development project. It may also involve interfaces with host governments, agencies and co-venturers. The Interface Coordinator monitors the performance of interface deliverables and works with the Sub-Project Managers to resolve interface issues.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manages interfaces on technical issues with senior government departmental heads (Secretaries and Directors) and co-venturers (significantly with the oil operator) and coordinates technical inputs from geosciences and drilling.
- Implement project wide Interface Management program based on standard process and lessons learned from other projects
- Define and steward interface management plans to ensure resolution of key interface issues
- Ensure consistent and effective implementation of interface management plans applied project wide
- Providing direction to sub-project interface coordinators for implementation of interface management processes
- Review and endorse contractors' interface management plans and procedures
- Ensure that Contractors maintain comprehensive registers of interface requirements and update status regularly
- Provide guidance to contractors as needed for alignment with all interfacing partners
- Technically assess criticality of interfaces and issues associated with late or missing information
- Work with Sub-Project Managers to resolve any contractual issues/ change orders around interfaces
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Field
- 3 + years' experience in project activities related to oil and gas production and development
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Must be able to work in multicultural environment
- Knowledge of elements and implementation
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic; self-motivated with excellent work organization skills
Velosi Ltd was established in 1982. By utilizing the services of our sister company, Intec (UK) we are capable of delivering Global Recruitment Solutions within the Oil & Gas, Power, Nuclear, Utilities, Rail, Construction and Aerospace Sectors for Owner/Operators, Consultancies, Contractors and Sub-Contractors.
For a free, confidential service register your details on velosi-intec where you will find a full list of live positions. Ongoing requirements include; ATEX Inspector, Civil Engineers, Coating Inspector, Commissioning Engineers, Drilling Engineer, Electrician, HSE, Inspectors, Instrument Engineer/Technicians, Labourer, Mechanic, Mechanical & Electrical Engineer/Fitters, Operator, Pipeline Engineer/Supervisor/Inspector, Piping Engineer/Supervisor/Inspector, Planning Engineers, Process Engineer, Project Engineer, Project Manager, QA/QC Engineer/Managers, Quantity Surveyors/Cost Engineers/Project Controls/Estimators, Riggers, Safety Advisor/Officer/Engineers, Site Managers, Supervisor/Superintendents, Turbine Engineer/Fitters and many more.
Velosi Intec is an equal opportunities employer and a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC).