Fabcon Canada (Dovre Group)
Updated: Aug 22 2012
||Electrical Engineering, Site Engineer, Site Experience
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Dovre Group is pleased to offer the following contract opportunity: Site Engineer based in Fort McMurray, AB. This is a field rotational assignment.
This project is a relocation of various crusher, conveyor and pumping systems.The Detailed Design is complete and site work has started.
The Project intends to have 6 people on a 2 week on, 1 week off rotation that will result in 4 people on site at any time. The 6 people will be of various disciplines but will be expected to handle various issues that arise on site. The candidate for this site position would be preferred to have an electrical background.
The Site Engineer ensures that the Project's requirements, as detailed in the Design basis, specifications and construction work packs, are installed as designed. The Site Engineer will work with the Engineer of record (company) to review and approve, reject or modify design deviation request from the site construction contractor(s). In addition, the site engineer will work closely with Quality, Business and Construction Functions to support efforts in completing a quality project under budget and on schedule. Timely decisions and ability to work with the site contractors and Engineer of record in a professional and cost effective manor are essential.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Provide overall Electrical engineering technical leadership and expertise
- Interface with the Site Construction Contractor and Engineer of record to:
- Verify the Constructed product meets design requirements
- Support Quality Function in disposition of Contractor Non Conformances
- Support Construction Function by clarifying scope as required
- Resolve contractor site deviation requests
- Provide support during the commissioning and start up phases.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCES:
- Engineering principles, theories, and concepts
- Applicable codes, standards, and trade practices
- Site experience
- The company practices, processes and expectations with respect to Electrical engineering is an asset
- Knowledge and judgment in the selection and application of Electrical equipment and hardware
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- 10+ years of closely related professional engineering experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Any other duties as required
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage application from anyone meeting the requirements for any position for which we recruit and welcome your questions regarding this position.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available