Performance Energy Services
Updated: Oct 25 2012
||Rigger / Scaffolding
||Offshore and Pennsylvania, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
To provide a safe place to work while erecting and dismantling scaffolding to provide work platforms and handrails on building or industrial sites, or for temporary structures such as stages, seating and catwalks.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Check the construction requirements from drawings and written instructions, select materials and set ground levels;
- Fit together steel pipes, support braces and clamps to form bases for scaffolds;
- Lift and position sections of scaffolding and bolt pipes together to build up scaffolding;
- Place planks over horizontal bars to create platforms;
- Check levels in scaffolding structures;
- Use prefabricated scaffolding when available; and
- Dismantle scaffolding at the completion of a job.
- Wear all appropriate safety equipment.
- Must have full range of body movements including use of hands to finger, handle or feel objects, bending, reaching and crouching.
- Must have command of all five senses: sight, hearing, touch, smell, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must obey and follow all safety rules.
- Any other duties assigned by the Onshore / Offshore Superintendent.
Education/Experience: Must be able to go through and pass all certifications/training required by PES.
Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
This position will be working primarily outdoors in an uncontrolled climate environment. Work will be performed in all types of weather including heavy rain and below freezing temperatures with snow conditions possible. Climbing is frequently required. The noise level in the work environment is usually high. Working hours are 12-14 hours a day, 7 days a week depending on work/job. Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds with regularity.
Other Required Tasks
Bolting; checking; clamping; constructing; creating; dismantling; erecting; fastening; fitting; fixing; forming; hoisting; installing; joining; lifting; performing; placing; positioning; raising; screwing; selecting; setting; supporting; uniting
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accurate - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available