Updated: Aug 3 2012
||Field Comm / SCADA, Gas Plant Operations, Instrument & Controls Engineer
||Associates/2 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Job Number: NASF749033
Position Title: Gas Control Supervisor - FPU
Opening date: 1 Aug 2012 9:00am
BHP Billiton is all about smart technology, innovation and great talent. If you want a challenging career and a chance to explore resource opportunities as well as your ambitions, we're the company for you. Think ahead. Think BHP Billiton.
The Gas Control Supervisor is responsible for the oversight of the contracted Gas Control Center and Gas Controllers who monitor, coordinate and/or control the flow of natural gas on Company's natural gas gathering system to assure daily receipt and delivery requirements are met within standards while optimizing compression equipment usage and maintaining safe operations.
There is an expectation that the incumbent exercises reasonable initiative for the undertaking of other activities within the scope of the function.
· HSEC Responsibilities
- Ensure HSEC processes, procedures and competencies are in place, operating effectively, and in compliance with legislation and the company HSEC Management System
- Ensure the safety of personnel and integrity of facilities at all times; lead training exercises for Emergency Response to ensure emergency preparedness under ll operational circumstances
- Gather and document information for pipeline related incident reports
· Operational Responsibilities
- Lead the design and implement overall gas control structure and organization to meet the business unit's growing demands and project expansion.
- Monitors the operation and control of the flow of natural gas through pipelines from the Gas Control Center utilizing a Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system.
- Develop practices and procedures to ensure safe, reliable, and efficient pipeline monitoring of operations.
- Manage the day-to-day oversight of a contract pipeline gas control operation consistent with the business unit's goals and objectives.
- Track and evaluate pipeline maintenance schedules for impact on gas flow; notify internal customers to minimize down time and optimize deliveries
- Provide a leadership role in Alarm Management (ANSI/ISA 18.2), Control Room Management and Fatigue Management (PHMSA Control Room Management / Human Factors).
- Maintain the ability, resources and knowledge needed to assist in all aspects of the Pipeline System Control function including the ability to provide immediate response to physically assist Technicians.
- Manage the application of severe weather operating plans and emergency procedures involving Pipeline operations
- Ensure qualified Pipeline System Controllers (Gas Control), are available 24/7 to monitor or operate the identified systems.
- Manage scheduling processes and the development and maintain applications of the Daily Operating Plan.
- Coordinate maintenance outages with Field Operations, Marketing, and Third Party entities
- Assists in the troubleshooting of SCADA, communications and electronic gas measurement systems issues, as well as issues with various operating tools used by the Control Room.
- Interfaces with gas schedulers and maintains collaborative inter-departmental and cross-functional working relationships with all members of the department and with both office and field employees.
- Ensure all internal and external customer issues are managed based on established procedures
· Personnel Duties
- Coordinate daily activities of gas control personnel (company and contractor)
- Ensure adherence to all applicable State, Federal, and company policies
- Coordinate with Supervisors in recruitment and selection of new employees
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum Requirements:
- Associate's degree, in a technical discipline, or equivalent work experience with a natural gas gathering and transmission system.
- 5 years prior control center experience in the pipeline or natural gas industry.
- Extensive knowledge of pipeline operations, including compressor station operations and pipeline hydraulics. Extensive experience with SCADA systems.
- Must be able to handle stressful situations and effectively manage operations occurring simultaneously
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts
- Excellent collaborative, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build productive relationships
- Comprehensive knowledge of safety and environmental rules and regulations
- Computer knowledge including all Microsoft Office applications, plus ability to learn and implement company-specific applications.
- Experience in operational reporting, diagnostics, troubleshooting and sales optimization
- Demonstrated problem solving ability applicable to well operations, logistics, sourcing, and safety
- Extensive knowledge of pumps, compressors, separation systems, control systems, chemical systems
- Previous supervisory or management experience
- Bachelors Degree in Petroleum, Mechanical, or related Engineering discipline.
THINK OF THE OPPORTUNITIES WITHIN BHP BILLITON. THINK LOCAL. THINK GLOBAL.
With 44,000 employees working in more than 100 operations in approximately 25 countries, we represent the world's largest diversified resources company. We take our commitment to the communities in which we operate and do business in very seriously, and we are committed to operating safely and sustainably.
M/F/D/V EEO/AA Employer
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available