Sanjel USA Inc.
Updated: Dec 18 2012
||Cementing, Chemist, Research & Development, lab, laboratory
||Associates/2 yr Degree
||Williston, ND, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Laboratory Technician will be responsible for performing daily laboratory tests to assist Technical Specialists and Engineers in determining the best approach for Cementing, Acidizing, Fracturing and Coil Tubing service applications.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set up, maintain, calibrate and operate laboratory equipment and instruments such as viscometers, consistometers, and balance scales, along with other equipment common to the oilfield industry for Fracturing, Cementing, and Acidizing applications.
- Following standardized operating procedures, test solutions and slurries used for applications in acidizing, fracturing, cementing, and coil tubing allowing for safe and effective performance.
- Test idealistic 'field' conditions to understand the behavior of our products and optimizing their performance.
- Conduct chemical and physical laboratory tests to assist Technical Specialists and Engineers in making qualitative and quantitative analyses and determining the best approach for services to be applied.
- Compile and interpret results of tests and analyses; write test report describing procedures used and prepare graphs and charts to document results.
- Conduct water analyses for fracturing and cementing to verify conformity to standards.
- Conduct programs of sampling and analysis to maintain quality standards of raw materials, chemical intermediates, and products.
- Organize and maintain informational databases relevant to each of the service lines we provide.
- Maintain level of supplies for laboratory and applicable field personnel.
- Assist in training Field Engineers in Training and new Laboratory Technicians.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
While performing the duties of this job the employee will spend a majority of the time indoors in environmentally controlled conditions, although occasional exposure to outdoor weather conditions may be required. The employee is regularly exposed to hazardous chemicals and airborne particles. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand and walk; reach and pull with hands and arms, and lift up to 50 lbs. The vision requirements include: close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE:
- 4 year degree in Chemistry, or related field, or equivalent experience in a related field (i.e. Lab Technician, Fluid Tech, Quality Control)
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, judgment and decision making skills
- Strong communication skills- verbal and written
- Ability to work a 5 days on, 2 days off schedule and rotating on-call shifts
- Exceptional computer skills; must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available