||Facilities Engineer, Facilities Manager, Project Engineer, Facilities Engineer, Facilities Manager, Chemical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Project Engineer, Commissioning, Construction, Coordination, Procurement, Cost Estimates, Budgets, Supervise
We currently have an opening for a Facilities Engineer with one of our clients in Libya. This position is Tripoli based.
1.1 The client's facilities are on-shore oil field production facilities in remote desert environments, plus operation of strategic national oil pipeline and tanker terminal export facilities. The facilities include sweet and sour crudes, natural flow and artificial lift (pumps and gas lift) wells and water injection/disposal facilities.
1.2 The General Engineering Department is a small multi-disciplined group of facilities engineers, which handles the company's new projects and the resolution of ongoing operations engineering requirements and removal of bottle-necks in production etc.
1.3 Engineers within the group must be capable of handling specifically assigned projects as a Project Engineer, and to provide specific discipline technical input to other projects as a Facilities Engineer.
ENGINEER -QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1.1 Qualifications: Minimum Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering and membership of a recognized Engineering institute is additionally preferred.
1.2 Previous Experience:
• A minimum of 10 and preferably 15 years of relevant previous postgraduate experience is required. Relevant previous experience may be with an Engineering Consultant or an Operating Company and will preferably include extensive experience on on-shore oil field facilities. Previous overseas experience will be an asset.
• A general broad experience is required rather than specific experience of a single associated discipline function.
• Computer literacy and an excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal, are required.
• Familiar with recognized industry international codes, standards and practices
Engineer Job Description
Within the company the subject Engineering functions reside within the Project Engineering Group of the General Engineering Department. Required job functions are generally as listed below:
Develop system designs for assigned projects in coordination with in-house engineers of other disciplines, and Operations Department personnel.
Develop specifications and purchase requisitions for all discipline equipment associated with assigned projects. Follow up the procurement process, including technical data reviews, through to receipt of materials and equipment at site.
Prepare scopes of work for the construction of in-house engineered projects. Follow-up through the bid, evaluation and award of the contracts; and coordinate with site Construction Coordination personnel through construction, commissioning and hand-over of the facilities.
Prepare scopes of work for Engineering Consultants to execute work beyond the limited in-house engineering capacity. The scope of such contracts may be engineering only, or engineering and procurement, or engineering, procurement and construction. Follow-up through the bid, evaluation and award of the contracts; and coordinate with Consultants through completion of the work.
Liaise with Quantity Surveyor personnel in the Cost Follow-Up Group for the preparation of the contractual and commercial terms for all contracts.
Prepare cost estimates and budgets.
Provide technical support to Field Personnel and Operations Departments.
Ensure compliance with required Safety, Quality, Environmental and Technical Standards
FACILITIES ENGINEER-TRIPOLI BASED
• Acting as the focal point for consolidating specialist input in the various Oil & Gas disciplines, such as Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Structural and Process.
• Providing expert technical knowledge and advice to operations management and to other departments or divisions as required particularly on the subject of: piping, valves, fittings, heaters, tanks, nozzles, vessels, filters and exchangers.
• Be able to work with other specialist engineers in order to ensure the smooth operation of the plant.
• Supervise the implementation of modifications and improvements to projects being carried out in-house.
• Extensive experience in the Oil & Gas market.
• Extensive experience in designing, building, operating, the monitoring and maintenance ofproduction/process equipment.
• Fluency in the English language (written & spoken)
• Must also be computer literate.
• The Facilities Engineer will manage the engineering and construction of projects on new and existing oil and gas facilities, focusing on quality control, scheduling and budget.
• Project work includes the design, construction and documentation for the following:
Oil treating systems
Water handling, filtration and treating systems
Heat exchanger and cooling systems
Gas Compression Facilities Gas processing facilities
Metering, tankage and injection facilities Vapour recovery systems
Other field facilities and supporting infrastructure
Work closely with Operations, Production and Facility Engineering staff to ensure the design and technologies used best suits the applications
Define deliverables (Cost, Schedule, Quality and Safety) from the design and construction team and drive the them to deliver
Work on the start-up and commissioning of the new facility projects
Be knowledgeable and work according to, applicable Guidelines, Directives and Regulations with regards to the Environment, Safety and the relevant Safety Associations