Updated: Jan 8 2013
||Houston - Corporate (Galleria), TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Analyst - Compliance will work in the Compliance Department to resolve any FCPA/UKBA due diligence questions or issues that arise with respect to the review and certification of intermediaries.
ue diligence in regard to FCPA compliance is required in two aspects:
- Initial due diligence - this step is necessary in evaluating what risk is involved in doing business with an entity prior to establishing a relationship and assesses risk at that point in time.
- Ongoing due diligence - this is the process of periodically evaluating each intermediary relationship to find links between current intermediaries and government officials, or illicit activities linked to corruption. This process will be performed indefinitely as long as a relationship exists, and usually involves comparing the companies and executives to databases of government officials. This process should be performed on all intermediary relationships, regardless of location.
- 10+ years in a similar role in a business of similar size and complexity is required.
- 3 years prior experience handling similar functions in an in-house legal department for a public company is preferred.
Education, Training, Licenses and/or Certifications
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university required.
- Masters or advanced degree preferred.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage due diligence databases
- Lead all ethics and compliance educational efforts; perform compliance risk analyses and risk assessments
- Conduct ethics and compliance related investigations as assigned
- Develop a compliance risk assessment and gap analysis protocol and take appropriate steps as assigned to design, implement, or modify the Ensco Ethics and Compliance Programs to minimize compliance risk
- Promote U.S. Anti-boycott laws compliance efforts
- Provide ethics and compliance due diligence support for any acquisitions and divestitures made by ENSCO Assist with ensuring consistent application of Ensco's Code of Business Conduct requirements
- Ensure communication, consistent application, and implementation of Ensco's Compliance Policies and Procedures
- Develop and implement new ethics and compliance policies and procedures
- Collaborate in goal-setting and budget planning process for the legal Compliance Department
- Prepare legal correspondence
- Provide legal support as requested by the Legal Compliance Department
- Other duties as assignedz
Minimum Requirements for this position
- High school graduate or GED required.
- Ability to gather and analyze/synthesize data, confirming its accuracy and adequacy as an integral part of the collective analysis/synthesis process
- Demonstrated effective leadership and influencing skills and practices
- Knowledge of financial accounting, purchasing and management systems
- Physically capable of being transported to an offshore rig by boat or helicopter
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel at an advanced level (use financial and logical functions; work with multiple worksheets and workbooks; edit and use macros; import and export information)
- Working knowledge of document control systems and databases
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To be considered an applicant, you must apply directly to the company website.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available