Updated: Aug 2 2012
||Contracts Administration, Supply Chain Management
||Calgary, Alberta, Canada
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Our Horizon Oil Sands operation is expanding with project spending for 2012 forecasted at approximately $2 Billion with similar spending projected each year for the next 5 years.
• Projects are in various stages including engineering and design, procurement and construction so you will have exposure to a variety of supply management activities for contract values up to $500 million.
• Oversee and drive the activities and resources required to execute the procurement and contract management process including:
o Scope development participation
o Supply market research and positioning
o Requests for proposals
o Contracts Formation
o Award and administration of contracts and agreements
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
Working in a matrix organizational setting, you will support specific project teams to ensure that their contracts and procurement needs are met while remaining in compliance with company policies and procedures
• Develop strategies to obtain best value for the goods and services
• Complete the acquisition process on time and on budget
• Administer contracts effectively
• Close out commitments in a timely manner
• Lead or participate in negotiations to resolve commercial and technical exceptions, change orders and claims
• Provide expertise on contracting and procurement matters
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with internal stakeholders to address their needs for information and input
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with suppliers and contractors to ensure a strong supply base is available for goods/services
• Contribute to Supply Management continuous improvement initiatives
• University degree or diploma with 10+ years of supply management experience in a related industry including at least 5 years in a large industrial projects environment
• Strong analytical, communication and organizational skills are required
• Demonstrated experience in developing and managing strategic agreements with a proven track record for creating and sustaining value
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. Our commitment is to ensure the safety of employees, the public, protecting the environment and developing and maintaining positive relationships in the communities in which we operate.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available