Forum Energy Technologies
Updated: Aug 15 2012
||Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Subsea Engineering
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Location: Houston, Texas
Division: Subsea Technologies
- Work with minimal direction to research, plan, and design hydraulic components and systems of subsea products and equipment as part of a team of mechanical, electrical, and software engineers.
- Direct and coordinate activities involved with fabrication, operation, test, installation and repair of products and systems.
- Essential functions:
- Lead hydraulic design efforts from concept to production.
- Apply knowledge and/or produce engineering calculations around hydraulic design per project, industry, and company standards.
- Create drawings, bills of material, material specifications, and design files.
- Collaborate with manufacturing to facilitate fabrication and assembly of prototypes.
- Review customer proposals and specifications to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Prepare technical data and engineering cost and schedule estimates to support proposals.
- Develop test procedures and test reports for products and systems.
- Direct and coordinate fabrication and installation activities to ensure conformance to design and customer requirements.
- Participate in warranty evaluation of returned products and components
- Investigate and participate in the design of alternatives for obsolete products
- Assist in mentoring and coordinating junior engineers, designers, and technicians.
- Check or approve work of others for accuracy, tolerances, and applicability of the design.
- Develop or revise department standards and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Civil, or Ocean Engineering
- Five (5) years experience, oil & gas, subsea / underwater or ROV experience a plus
- Working knowledge of subsea/offshore equipment or operations a plus
- Experience designing and troubleshooting hydraulic systems
- Knowledge of subsea/offshore related codes and standards a plus
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods a plus
- Competent with MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, experience with Mathcad a plus
- 3D design experience preferred, SolidWorks a plus
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available