Updated: Aug 28 2012
||Budget / Cost Control, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Reporting to the Director of Supply Chain and with minimal supervision, the Project Procurement Manager (PPM) will be responsible for managing key Procurement activities associated with the delivery of specific customer projects including client AVL compliance, supplemental sourcing, managing the bid process, negotiations, ordering and tracking milestone progress for goods and services. The PPM will lead a team to execute specific project requirements.
- Implements methods, practices and techniques to ensure the most economical movement of materials through the supply chain to achieve cost-effective practices while meeting Project delivery requirements.
- Ensures that Project Procurement deliverables are met by managing and directing personnel in the project-lifecycle procurement process, from requisitioning through receipt of material.
- Trains and educates direct reports on the use of project procurement techniques, various business systems, and varieties of reports and other related tools to ensure timely and economical completion of Project requirements.
- Manages current and future Project demand requirements with supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure completion of Project requirements.
- Evaluates, purchases, and monitors the materials necessary to support production requirements in fulfillment of Project schedule.
- Ensures that adequate flow-down provisions are aligned back-to-back from client contract to supplier subcontracts as necessary.
- Coordinates contract compliance, change orders, and problem resolution in conformance with Corporate commercial and legal norms.
- Ensures that expediting and logistics activities complete the loop with procurement staff in order to meet the Project operational deadlines and milestones.
- Attends project review meetings and ensures that all associated reports are adequately compiled and distributed as required.
- Serves as an operational and technical resource to all of project procurement staff in the communication and resolution of purchasing systems issues; negotiate successful resolution to problems or concerns; educate them about processes and procedures.
- Identifies and implements margin and delivery improvement opportunities by reviewing supplier capabilities, material options, and processing requirements in order to meet and/or exceed Project objectives.
- Manages material cost and schedule impact of proposed engineering changes in addition to taking necessary actions to ensure successful implementation and incorporation of approved engineering releases.
- Manages daily activities of procurement staff (both direct and indirect) to ensure Project expectations and internal requirements are met. Collaborates with teammates and interfacing departments.
- BS Degree in related field (Engineering, Supply Chain, etc.).
- 10+ years experience of procurement experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience within Oil and Gas, machine shops, fabrication shops, heavy industrial, etc is a plus.
- Ability to travel to suppliers, some local/domestic and others are global.
- Experience with interpreting drawings, reading engineering specs, SolidWorks, MS Office and manufacturing software.
- Strong interpersonal and communication/presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Desire to drive change across the company and industry.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and assertiveness, the ability to plan and manage work in an efficient manner, and the ability to work well under stress and time pressures.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available