Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Team Leader, Gravity, Electrical & Magnetics Services, located in Houston, Texas.
Chevron Energy Technology Company, a subsidiary of Chevron U.S.A., seeks a high-caliber technical leader with experience in new ventures exploration, potential fields and electromagnetic technologies. The selected candidate will have a technical background in gravity, magnetic and/or electromagnetic techniques, experience with the integration of these results with basin modeling and petroleum systems analysis, as well as a strong customer focus. As the leader of the technical services team, she/he will work collaboratively with other earth scientists to differentiate Chevron's performance through the application of gravity, magnetics, and electromagnetic technologies. Position may require travel to SBU locations to fulfill job responsibilities, consultation, and technical work.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical leadership to deliver business impact from non-seismic geophysical technologies in support of Chevron's global exploration activities.
- Work with new ventures exploration and other business unit teams to apply potential fields and electromagnetic solutions to critical business decisions.
- Align team and external resources to manage project delivery, technical quality and customer satisfaction while meeting internal cost recovery targets.
- Frame, scope, and manage technical services projects - understand both business and technical objectives, provide quality assurance, produce deliverables within schedule and budget constraints, help G&G teams integrate specialty results into their analysis.
- Support geophysical strategy through the development and deployment related technologies and workflows.
- Build organizational capability and supervise the team and their Performance Management Plans, Career Development Plans, Pay Determination, and developmental assignments.
- A Master's Degree in Geophysics, Physics, Geology, or related earth science discipline, or Bachelor's Degree with equivalent related experience.
- A minimum of 10 years of industry geophysics experience, including potential fields, electromagnetics, tectonics, basin modeling, and/or remote sensing.
- Demonstrated technical leadership to deliver business impact through the development & application of gravity, magnetic, and electromagnetics technologies.
- Experience in new ventures exploration, play risk mapping and/or prospect maturation.
- Geophysical expertise and analytic ability to manage non-seismic acquisition, processing, analysis, modeling & interpretation.
- Knowledge of and network with external vendor community to align external resources with project objectives.
- Business acumen and ability to lead a high performing team, grow organizational capability, provide mentoring, and supervise the team performance and their career development.
- Demonstrated project management skills in a technical service environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, along with a customer focus.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.