Updated: Aug 21 2012
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron Energy Technology Company is accepting online applications for the position of Seismic Acquisition Geophysicist, located in Houston, Texas.
This position requires a technical geophysicist with a background in working with seismic data that has the desire to design, contract, and operate seismic programs. The successful candidate will work closely with business units, vendors, and partners. The candidate should be eager for office work and possible remote travel 25% of the time (a significant commitment).
A certificate in Basic Offshore Safety Induction & Emergency training, including HUET, will be required as well as completing a fit for offshore work physical. Ability to swim is not required. The travel requirements may come with additional benefits of foreign service premium and compensation time.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Design, contract and operate seismic programs.
- Work closely with business units, vendors and partners.
- Champion Health, Environment and Safety behaviors.
- Maintain relationships with seismic vendors and assure they meet minimum worldwide standards, even in the face of adversity and challenges.
- A Master's Degree in Geophysics or related field. Alternatively, a Bachelor's Degree with adequate relevant seismic acquisition program experience may be considered.
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience within the oil/gas industry.
- Background working with seismic data acquisition, both land and marine.
- The ability to work in the office and travel/work in remote locations 25% of the time.
- Proficiency in communicating Chevron position to business units, vendors, and partners with regards to health, environment and safety, seismic design and operations.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment visas or consider individuals on time-limited visa status for this position.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available