Fabcon Canada (Dovre Group)
Updated: Aug 16 2012
||Contracts Administration, Contracts Engineer
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Calgary, Alberta, Canada
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Dovre Group is pleased to offer the following contract opportunity: Contract Administrator based in Calgary, AB.
We are searching for a Contracts Administrator/Analyst. Reporting to the Project Services Manager, this
position based in Calgary supports contract management activities and supplier relationship management
activities for COSMOS Project located in Tunisia. This position will assist with the effective implementation
of the administration and coordination procedures for all contracts and service agreements up to and including completion and contract closeout.
Our preferred candidate will have the following skill sets, qualifications or experience:
- Exceptional MS Excel Skills.
- EPCM or Operators experience would be an asset.
- A minimum of five years of experience in negotiating, developing, maintaining and implementing
- contracts for large construction projects or major projects within the oil and gas industry.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Procurement, Operations or another related field would be considered an asset.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist with developing contracting plans & Strategies, coordinate and communicate with various project stakeholders the timely delivery of their responsibilities / deliverables required for contract formation.
- Pre-qualification and selection of bidders.
- Development of RFP documents and coordinating, necessary project review and approvals.
- Carry out the bidding process, including RFP explanation meetings, preparation of addenda and receipt of bids.
- Carrying out and participating in the evaluation process through to award recommendation.
- Preparing the final contract document for execution.
- Conduct and assist with contract formation activities.
- Attest contractor invoices in compliance with established procedures, certify and approve the invoices.
- Provide short to medium term planning, scheduling, and coordinating for the supply of materials,services, and equipment.
- Ensure materials, equipment and services are delivered / mobilized to meet Project requirements and timelines.
- Apply change management process for contracts.
- Create, implement and maintain tracking systems and ensure signing authorities are adhered to for commitments.
- Ensure the assembly and maintenance of contract records for the purpose of administering contracts.
- Assist in the preparation for claims defense cases.
- Provide short to medium term planning, scheduling, and coordinating for the supply of materials, services, and equipment.
- Communicate potential impacts and contract information to the project team.
- Coordinate with contractors to ensure adherence to all contractual obligations.
- Coordinate and document meetings for all contracts.
- Conduct contract close out processes.
- Assist in stewardship activities related to contract performance.
- Responsible for the collection and management of contract / supplier data.
- Support the warranty management process, escalating issues as necessary.
- Coordinate with Project Management, Project Services, Engineering Management, Construction Management, Business Development, Legal, and Finance during contract preparation and project execution.
The ideal candidate will be a proven self starter who works well under minimal supervision. They will also
- A proven ability to identify issues and provide solutions.
- Secondary French or Arabic language skills will be considered an asset.
- Highly professional team player with superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented with drive for efficiency and timeliness.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage application from anyone meeting the requirements for any position for which we recruit and welcome your questions regarding this position.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available