Swift World Wide Resources
Updated: Aug 31 2012
||Contracts Administration, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, sap, procurement, contract management
||Associates/2 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Swift Worldwide Resources is an international recruitment firm specializing in talent acquisition within the oil and gas industry. Swift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey recruitment solution to capture top technical and management talent by designing bespoke packages that align with the unique needs of our clients. With approximately 3,000 employees in over 30 countries, Swift has an expansive global footprint in the oil and gas recruitment industry.
Our client, a major operator, is seeking a Contract Manager to join their team in Houston, Texas with a heavy emphasis on travel.
The Contract Manager will be responsible for supporting the Turnaround Managers in awarding Procurement contracts related to services as directed and managing the execution of the service contracts. This role will also be accountable for the management of service contracts to ensure suppliers fulfill their obligations within the agreement in a timely manner.
Responsibilities will include:
- Participate in formal Requests for Quotation for long term commitments and sizable purchases. Facilitate pre-bid and pre-award meetings. Analyze suitability of bids dependent on time constraints, cost and quality assurance. Prepares bid evaluations as directed and seeks appropriate approvals of awards.
- Perform contracting activities- reviewing, negotiating, proposing revisions and implementing agreements using standard documents/ forms and contracting procedures.
- Lead, review, and prepare briefs of existing contracts to ensure the team understands the contract coverage.
- Determine if any amendments, change orders, extensions, and or terminations are necessary and prepare documents.
- Implement contract services in a timely and cost efficient manner within established company policies, procedure, and standards.
- Supplier Performance Management- ongoing support of the Contract Management Plans and KPI's. Handling of any claims.
- Interface with contractors to minimize claims.
- Interface with Turnaround Team and contractors to review requests and ensure they are not included in current scope; help negotiate change orders.
Requirements and Skills:
- General understanding of Refinery Turnaround work
- Associates degree, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Strong functional background, or working knowledge of procurement systems
- 1-5 years of experience in contract management
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Knowledge of commercial frameworks and terms and conditions
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and ability to effectively apply analytical tools, concepts, and methods
- Contract drafting skills as well as Computer literacy
- Effective communicator- good presentation and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and creative approach with willingness to embrace change
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic with ability to work as part of a team.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available