Updated: Aug 13 2012
||Commissioning Engineer / HUC, Pipeline Engineering, pipeline engineer, GOM, commission, pre-commission
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The PROJECT is looking for an experienced engineer to provide an oversight and coordination role to support the pre-commissioning scope of the PROJECT Oil and Gas Export Pipelines. The actual pre-commissioning scope of work is the responsibility of the individual pipeline companies (Amberjack Pipeline Company for the Oil Export Pipeline & Enbridge Pipeline Company for the Gas Export Pipeline).
The PROJECT pipeline pre-commissioning and commissioning (PCC) engineer will be responsible for coordinating all of the PCC activities related to the PROJECT Export Pipelines between the pipeline companies and the PROJECT team while looking after the PROJECT interests in the PCC scopes of the individual export pipelines. Additional, responsibilities include support and interface with the installation team and the infield production flowlines/umbilicals pre-commissioning and commissioning engineer specifically during the offshore execution of work.
This position will require extensive interface between the following groups: - PROJECT team (topsides, hull, & subsea) Expectations: - To coordinate all pre-commissioning activities with respective pipeline companies for start-up of new subsea oil & gas export pipelines,
- To work with selected PCC contractors and pipeline companies to develop PCC procedures (flood, flush, hydrotest, dewater, dry, chemically treat, etc.) that will not only meet the requirements of the pipeline companies, but also provide a best for PROJECT solution
- To provide oversight into the manufacturing and construction activities associated with pre-commissioning activities to ensure that they are best for PROJECT project.
- To provide oversight into the Export Pipeline(s) PCC equipment selection by the pipeline companies to ensure is designed fit for purpose
- To provide oversight of the Export Pipeline PCC contractor(s) throughout manufacturing of equipment and offshore operations.
- To work with pipeline companies and selected PCC contractors to ensure preparation of detailed contingency procedures for all Export PCC related scopes
- To work with pipeline companies to understand full scale testing for temporary pigging and testing purposes.
- To provide input to installation diving contractor to ensure installation activities are aligned with platform activities where the scope relates to the Oil & Gas Export pipelines.
- To ensure selected pre-commissioning contractors for pipeline companies are suitable for the work and manage interface between Export Pipeline PCC Contractors and PROJECT Host facility.
- To provide oversight to ensure that pipeline related PCC equipment is shipped, installed and commissioned in accordance with the schedules and in ccordance with approved procedures.
- To ensure documentation is up to date and relevant for any work on the topside and subsea facilities.
- To act as site representative for the PROJECT for the Oil and Gas Export pipeline pre-commissioning equipment coordinating site matters, progress, variations, quality control etc.
- To work with pipeline companies and PROJECT to develop operational procedures (base case and contingencies as required) for pre-commissioning of the oil and gas export pipelines.
- Coordinate Oil and Gas Export Integrated Focus Groups (IFG) to ensure that interfaces between Oil and Gas Export PCC scopes and the PROJECT are managed properly.
- Participate in the Environmental IFG as appropriate to ensure that Oil and Gas Export issues related to the environmental IFG are addressed.
- Participate in the Diving IFG as appropriate to ensure that Oil and Gas Export issues related to the diving scope are addressed.
Key Decisions: This job will be integral to the overall PROJECT to ensure that the pre-commissioning interfaces between the PROJECT and the Pipeline and Export pipeline are properly managed in order to help establish best for project decisions as noted below:
- Gas Export Pipeline - Determine the "base case" pre-commissioning plan for PROJECT Gas Export Pipeline & SCR. - Determine Hydrotest limits of the piping on the platform piping. How and where the additional piping will be isolated for the Gas Export Hydrotest.
- Determine what synergies/conflicts exist between Gas Export PCC scope and the Oil Export pipeline & PROJECT production lines.
- Determine if Flood, Flush, & Hydrotest equipment can be housed on the PROJECT Host Facility.
- Determine "contingency" scenarios for all major PCC steps and what materials, equipment, etc. will be required to enable options for both PROJECT before and after.
- Determine if the Drying & Nitrogen spread can be split and housed on vessel and Host Facility.
- Determine if the Oil Export PCC "pancake" can house the Gas Export Dewatering Equipment in an emergency situation.
- Selection of dewatering Contractor (considering conflicts/synergies between Flowline and Oil Export Line (OEL) Dewatering agreement)
- Determine potential chemicals and how they could impact the overall Gas Export PCC scope (work with Environmental IFG). - Determine how the Gas Export PCC scope fits into the overall Hook-up & Commissioning (HUC) scopes at the PROJECT Host Facility.
- Determine best for project "vessel" selection for Gas Export Dewatering Spread that will be located at PROJECT Host Facility.
- Determine platform based connection locations for hydrotest, flood, flush, & dewatering equipment including how vessel based equipment will interface with the
PROJECT Host Facility.
- Determine availability of platform utilities for Gas Export pre-commissioning equipment.
- Determine if platform piping pre-pigging operation is a possibility.
- Determine the "base case" pre-commissioning plan for PROJECT Oil Export Pipeline & SCR.
- Determine what synergies/conflicts exist between Oil Export PCC scope and the Gas Export pipeline & PROJECT production lines.
- Define equipment for Flood, Flush, & Hydrotest equipment that is to be housed on the PROJECT Host Facility.
- Determine "contingency" scenarios for all major PCC steps and what materials, equipment, etc. will be required to enable options.
- Understand contingency to locate all Oil Export PCC equipment onto a vessel as a contingency.
- Selection of dewatering Contractor (considering conflicts/synergies between Flowline and Gas Export Line (GEL) Dewatering agreement)
- Determine potential chemicals and how they could impact the overall Oil Export PCC scope (work with Environmental IFG).
- Determine how the Oil Export PCC scope fits into the overall HUC scopes at the PROJECT Host Facility.
- Determine platform based connection locations for hydrotest, flood, flush, & dewatering equipment and the location and routing of temporary piping on the PROJECT Host Facility.
PROJECT Infield Production Flowlines (PFL)
- Gain a clear understanding of the base case installation schedule and PFL pre-commissioning and commissioning plan
- Participate as a member of the PFL & umbilicals IFG
- Participate in pipeline preservation (chemical selection) IFG
- Participate in the contracts review and awards process for PFL and umbilicals PCC contractor selection
- Review & comment on all procedures involving Infield & export pipeline PCC Scope of Work
- Perform duties as back-to-back PCC offshore engineer during the all stages of pre-commissioning (infield and export pipelines and umbilicals) starting in 2013 through project completion
- Perform duties as a Person-in-Charge (PIC) of a ROV /pre-commissioning vessel (to include Incident & Injury Free (IIF) champion, vessel based safety leadership team leader, reporting, permitting authority on vessel for vessel based work, Point of Contact (POC) for vessel to PROJECT Host Facility communications & Permit to Work (PTW) submissions, etc.) Making these key decisions in a timely manner and maintaining focus on the overall best for project solution will be the key expectation of this role.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Engineering degree or equivalent with extensive experience
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
Requirements for Role:
- Engineering degree or equivalent with extensive experience
- Experience in oil and gas pipeline pre-commissioning and commissioning to include knowledge in the following scopes of work:
- a. Pigging (to include smart pigging - Caliper, MFL, Ultrasonic)
- b. Flooding & Dewatering
- c. Chemical treatment and preservation of pipelines
- d. Hydrotesting
- e. Drying
- f. Nitrogen drying/packing
- g. Hydrate Remediation
- h. Umbilical commissioning
- i. Experience with pumps and compressors
- Previous experience working for or managing pre-commissioning contractors including hands on offshore experience
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available