Oil and gas exploration and production company. My client is one of the largest and most well respected oil and gas companies in the US. Plenty of growth opportunity!
* Apply technical focus and practical knowledge of pore pressure prediction from the standpoint of basin modeling, seismic velocity data, and offset wells
* Perform respective evaluations specific to seal integrity, effective stress and hydrocarbon column capacity
* Provide subsurface pore pressure analysis from regional to prospect level
* Work with Drilling and Operations groups to support well planning for basis of well design and real time operations decisions for fluid pressure, formation fracture gradient, and wellbore stability
* Provide subsurface pressure predictions (pore pressure, fracture gradients, etc.) to support all work done by the Drilling and Completions Group. Will be very involved with the well delivery process, including all regulatory and permitting requirements
* Monitor all subsurface pressure data associated with daily well operations, and provides general geopressure analysis support to the operations
* Participate in comprehensive subsurface hazards reviews;
* Participate in the Well Operations team decision process and management of change process to recommend alternate courses of action in situations which require the company to deviate from planned drilling program
* Report technical recommendations to the Wells Engineering Manager
* Participate in post-well reviews and provide input as required to these activities
* Ensure that documentation is completed within 45 days of rig release from any given drilling project.
* Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Geosciences;
* Minimum 10 years of pertinent experience in the oil and gas industry
* Offshore experience in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico is required
* Ability to interpret technical data and then communicate with clarity to meet the needs and understanding of the recipient
* Demonstrated communication skills with emphasis on oral, written and listening skills
* Ability to clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media in a way that engages people and helps them understand and retain the message
* Strong ability to solve problems in an operational setting
* Understanding of probabilistic risking related to Exploration, Appraisal and Development opportunities
* Understanding of petrophysical analyses and the related inputs and outputs
* Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, interpret and establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
* Must have the ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.