||Geologist, Geophysicist, Structural & Stratigraphic Modeling, Seismic Interpretation & Mapping, Graphical Illustrations Development,, Seismic Software (Petrel required).
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Competitive salary with substantial bonus, health benefits 100% paid for employee & family, dollar-for-dollar match on 401K plan to 5% of salary, Profit Sharing, Stock Award Program
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
WTS Energy is seeking a Geophysical Advisor for our client, a respected E&P company. The purpose of this position is to deliver timely, high quality geophysical interpretation and mapping to their production, development and near-field exploration operatons.
Seismic Interpretation, Mapping:
1. Integrate well data and regional geologic understanding into seismic interpretation of 3D seismic datasets.
2. Manipulate and post-process 2D and 3D seismic data for optimal subsurface datasets.
3. Tie well data to seismic with synthetics.
4. Carry out seismic attribute analysis.
5. Identify and map key sequences, reservoir horizons and faults.
6. Make maps as required to identify and assess development and exploration opportunities. Estimate volumes and risk.
7. Interact with asset team geologists and reservoir engineers to build reservoir models and identify drilling opportunities.
Field Development & Near-Field Exploration:
1. Work with others to design well trajectories with highest impact and lowest risk.
2. Participate in developing proposals, reports and field development plans.
3. Continuously evaluate potential value-adding opportunities in and around the development area.
Bachelors Degree in Geology or Geophysics required. MSc Degree in Geology or Geophysics preferred.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Significant experience developing structural and stratigraphic models using well and seismic data, and integrating with reservoir information.
- Should be an expert in workstation-based seismic interpretation and mapping, sequence stratigraphic correlation, surface manipulations, geostatistics and model building. PETREL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
- Will need a basic understanding of geologic and engineering principles, including interpretation and use of fluid, test and pressure data. Familiarity with methods of cuttings, sidewall and whole core analysis. Formation evaluation and operational experience would be desirable.
- Excellent ability to prepare graphical illustrations of work using PowerPoint or similar.
- Strong background in relevant IT (applications, databases, understanding of data flows, etc.).
- Africa or Middle East experience would be advantageous.
Must be authorized to work in the US
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available