Hobark International (UK) Limited
Updated: Aug 7 2012
||Operations Manager, Rig Manager, Rig Maintenance, HSE
||Exceptional for the suitable candidate
Closed - No longer accepting applications
A well established oil and gas operator has progressively succeeded in growing its exploration and production operations and now have entrusted Hobark International, a global expert in oil and gas consultancy, to deploy the relevant candidate to support their ambitious growth and performance improvement programme.
Rig Operations Superintendent
• Guarantee the operators technical excellence and integrity of all contracted drilling rigs and
their associated equipment; overseeing contracted rigs are properly operated,
resourced, maintained and have sufficient spares to support on stand by.
• Aid the operations Drilling Supervisor and Drilling Superintendent in ensuring that the
rig contractor operates the rig to industry HSE and operating standards at all times.
• Work with the rig contractor to maintain minimization of rig equipment NPT (below 5%) and maximization of equipment uptime and availability.
• Provide expert advise during special or complex maintenance, trouble-shooting and
repair activities involving rig equipment.
• Operations include the following specific challenges:
o Monitoring HSSE performance on the rig and ensuring it meets requirement.
o Conducting pre- and post- rig inspections as necessary to uphold compliance with industry standards as well as statutory and contractual requirement at all times.
o Ensure rig meets all statutory requirements as per contract at all times.
o Ensure rig is fully resourced with sufficiently experienced and certified personnel as per contract.
o Ensure development and implementation of and compliance with PMS, and availability of spares to prevent avoidable downtime.
o Ensure rig moves are carried out trouble free and within planned time.
o Conduct SQM of rig operations in conjunction with Drilling Superintendent.
o Ensure adequate Rig Process Safety in operations.
• Lagos based, 28 / 28 rotation.
• Minimum of 15 years relevant experience, of which at least 5 in the position of Rig Manager or Rig Operations Manager.
• Extensive experience involving semi's, onshore and jack-up operations required.
• Previous Nigerian / West African experience is advantageous.
• Technical / engineering qualification required.
• Strong HSE leadership.
• Drive for continuous performance improvement.
• Interpersonal and communication skills, capable of leading effectively in a multicultural
• Team leadership capabilities
• Extensive Rig Operations experience, on land and offshore rigs (jack-ups, semis
and drill ships)
• Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Proficiency with spreadsheets, word processors and presentation software.
• Excellent knowledge of Rig and Well operations, and international industry
standards governing these operations.
• Rig Contracts and Rig contractor management.
Remuneration: Competitive day rate, net of Nigerian Income Tax. Travel days paid.
Contract Duration:12 months, renewable based on performance.
Project Duration: Ongoing.
For a consultative, free flowing discussion regarding the above job opening please register your interest by forwarding an up to date resume.
We look forward to hearing from you and thank you for your interest.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available