Updated: Sep 10 2012
||Accounting or Finance
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Weatherford is the industry leader in progressing cavity pumpimg (PCP) sales, manufacturing and technical expertise. We continually refine and expand our product line, building on the strong foundation of products that pioneered the modern era of PCPs for oilfield applications. Our strong commitment to product quality, service, research, and development has built a solid foundation for which we continue to grow as a market leader within the artificial-lift industry.
Weatherford is actively searching for an experienced Cost Accountant to work with our PC Pump manufacturing operations from our Lloydminster office. This position will report directly to the Branch Controller.
The successful candidate will contribute to the financial and operational success of the PC Pump business unit by:
- Preparation of month end process which includes journal entries, reconciliation and reportingReporting, analyzing and reviewing financial data to ensure these accurately reflect the return on capital employed
- Generating key performance indicators monthly to enable the manufacturing manager to understand whether the business' lean manufacturing targets are being met
- Ensuring that appropriate internal controls exist and are being complied with to safeguard the assets used at PC Pump
- Supporting forecasting, budgeting and strategic planning processes
- Working with operational staff to identify and implement business system and process improvements.
- Cross training and supporting as backup for other Manufacturing facilities.Other duties and reporting as required.
- Two years of progressive experience in private sector accounting (preferably manufacturing sector).
- Familiarity with Sarbanes-Oxley accounting requirements strongly preferred
- Expertise in MS Excel and familiarity with MS Office are mandatory, as is experience with ERP software applications (preferably JD Edwards "One World")
- Candidate must exhibit strong analytical skills, an eye for detail, proactive change management capabilities, and good oral and written communication skills.
- Candidate should feel equally at ease interacting with managers, shop floor, personnel, and office staff
- Candidate must have demonstrated capability to work in a team environment but also must be able to work independently
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.
Calls will not be accepted for this position.
Kelly Outsourcing and Consulting Group, approved search agent for Weatherford International Oil Field Services Ltd, an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available