||IT - Programming & Database, IT - Sys Admin & Support, Secretarial or Administrative, MS Office Suite, TOW, Aries, DSS, VOLTS, Hyperion, and general knowledge and proficiency with data bases. Ability to program a plus. Knowledge of production process operations, including production and reservoir engineering, field operations, production forecasting, and basic economics.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE:MRO) is an independent international energy company engaged in exploration and production, oil sands mining and integrated gas. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has a strong portfolio of assets delivering defined growth leveraged to crude oil production with exploration upside. At the end of 2011, Marathon Oil had net proved reserves of more than 1.8 billion barrels. The Company's operations are located in the United States, Angola, Canada, Equatorial Guinea, Indonesia, Iraqi Kurdistan Region, Libya, Norway, Poland and the United Kingdom.
This technician position will provide support to the engineers and geoscientists within the Gulf of Mexico Asset Team. The position requires basic to advanced computer skills. Experience with relational databases is also desirable.
The scope of this position is data acquisition, the maintenance of files and data bases, aid in presentations, and general participation in the ongoing operations, engineering, geoscientific and economic work in the Gulf of Mexico Asset Team. The holder of this position will have a working knowledge of both routine and non-routine sources for data acquisition, how the data relates to individual positions, and how the data will be used by the requesting engineer or geoscientist. The position will have limited ability to format and manipulate data to get into the format necessary for projects. While decision-making and independent judgment remains limited, this position begins to assume lead responsibility over some special projects or tasks and will exert some low-level decision making authority. Managers and supervising engineers will direct work of this position.
Compiles data from routine and non-routine sources as requested by engineers and geoscientists. Examples include budget, reserve, invoice and production data, AFE's and performance metrics. Performs, manipulates and maintains datasets for engineers, geologists and geophyscists for easy retrieval.
- Manipulates data to ensure it is in the correct format for maintenance. Creates, arranges and adjusts project records and databases that include datasets consistently used by engineers and geoscientists
- Monitors work of projects to ensure that work is completed according to plans. Puts results into appropriate formats and presents to management for review
- Demonstrates proficiency with basic software packages used for daily duties and responsibilities
- Maintains and updates project schedules to track project implementation
- Analyzes/extracts data from SAP and Hyperion to assist with cost and production variance analysis
- Loads log and seismic data and maintains data bases as needed.
- Some role with the budget process and the ability to perform limited duties during absences of the planning analyst.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor Degree (preferred) in a technical discipline (Math, Natural Sciences, Computer Science/ITS, Geology, etc...), otherwise an A.S. degree in a technical major, or a Bachelor's degree in a non-technical major and two years of technician related work in the oil and gas industry or a high school diploma and five years of technician related work in the oil and gas industry.
MS Office Suite, TOW, Aries, DSS, VOLTS, Hyperion, and general knowledge and proficiency with data bases. Ability to program a plus.
Knowledge of production process operations, including production and reservoir engineering, field operations, production forecasting, and basic economics
Proven oral and written communication skills, an ability to work in a team environment, and planning and organizational skills