GL Noble Denton
Updated: Apr 29 2013
||Captain / Master, Marine Surveyor
||Associates/2 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Active / Open
The Surveyor will be assigned to projects with the task of ensuring quality and efficiency of our role as Marine Warranty Surveyor or Marine Consultant from project commencement (award) to completion. The Surveyor will interact directly with the client and is expected to maintain a high level of professionalism at all times while representing GLND.
In addition to good verbal communication skills, written reports will be prepared and submitted after every assignment requiring the Surveyor to be able to transpose the events of an assignment into print in a clear and concise format.
- Interact with the members of the Marine Department and support operations.
- Assist with large scale projects where required as well as general surveys.
- Provide Marine Support where required and if able, even if outside his/her project, assignment or job description.
- Attend typical marine operations including, but not limited to, the following:
- Load Outs;
- Cargo Surveys
- Condition and Suitability surveys of various types of oceangoing and marine vessels;
- Damage Surveys;
- Transportation and Tow Approval surveys;
- Vessel On/Off Hire Surveys;
- Surveys in which it is deemed that the Surveyor possesses the required skill set for the operation.
- Have a thorough understanding of current GLND Guidelines.
- Ensure adherence to GLND Guidelines for Operations, HSE and Quality.
- Review deliverable documents pertaining to the assigned project or any other which it is deemed the person is a competent source of critique.
- Liaise with the client representatives and other project team members both within the GL Group and Client's Company.
- Quality control of reports and deliverables generated by the Marine department staff and consultants.
- Travel domestically and internationally for assignments up to 4 weeks at a time.
- Tracks and monitor assigned projects to ensure attendance where required as per scope of work.
- Reports findings as well as full operation details.
- Prepares and submits all required GLND forms including Surveyor's Log of Events.
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited university OR Technical Diploma with 2 years of work experience OR Third Mate's / Assistant Engineer's License.
- Ability to undertake technical activities with limited supervision.
- Influencing with Impact - presents winning arguments with passion, conviction and commercial credibility.
- Methodical - ability to proactively plan and coordinate surveys.
- Excellent communication skills -including the ability to write clear and concise reports.
Technical/Professional Extertise Required
- Familiarity with oceangoing and marine work vessels
- Flexibility in working hours and being able to travel domestically and internationally when required. On call all year unless time off requested and approved in advance (including holidays and weekends)
- Computer skills including experience with word processing software and spreadsheets.
- Will receive training to advance survey qualifications
- Will become certified Offshore Vessel Inspection Database (OVID) inspector and trained to be a Common Marine Inspection Document (CMID) inspector.
- Will become introduced to Project Management of MWS related projects.
GL Noble Denton is an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.