Updated: Oct 17 2012
||Mechanical Engineering, Project Engineer
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Responsible for ensuring timely and satisfactory engineering for product development programs including the definition of product specifications and requirements; utilize engineering tools and phase-gate product development processes in the development and launch of new products.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Design new products using advanced tools (such as FEA and CFD software) to ascertain optimum mechanical and hydraulic design. Carry out engineering calculations when required e.g. pump performance, efficiency, bearing life, stresses and flange loadings.
- Utilize six sigma tools and program management skills to develop and launch new products
- Travel to customer locations for service calls, maintenance seminars and sales assistance,
- Analyze data to determine feasibility of centrifugal pump proposals; design new models, mechanisms and adaptations for product to meet customer requirements; review and investigate alternatives to pump design and establish specifications, standards, necessary detailed drawings and bill of material; design parts using Unigraphics 3D modeling software, create assembly drawings and make AutoCAD 2D drawings from 3D parts and assemblies.
- Write detailed product and component specifications as required.
- Maintain technical competency and remain current in technology and changes in the industry.
- Comply with all Technology Department and Company policies, procedures, and programs.
- Promote and maintain a flexible, cooperative, team oriented, and customer focused attitude within and between departments.
- Lead cross-functional teams to develop new products.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical engineering
- Masters degree a plus
- Six sigma black belt
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of new product development experience in centrifugal and/or axial flow pumps
- Six sigma certification
- Program management experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Goal Setting: Able to define and prioritize realistic, specific goals and objectives.
- Apply six sigma and lean manufacturing principles to define problem, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Apply project management skills to define scope, outline tasks and track progress in order to accomplish an overall objective
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to effectively work and interact with others.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Requires strong personal computer skills using a variety of software packages, particularly AutoCAD, Unigraphics, Teamcenter, MS Project, Microsoft Office.
- Requires the ability to read engineering drawings.
- Requires attention to detail.
- Requires excellent internal and customer communications, written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available