Updated: Apr 30 2013
||Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Creates and reviews designs, drawings, specifications, etc. involving existing and new technology or applications. Problems presented involve new concepts and new and varied issues that demand technical expertise, increased innovation or considerable modifications of precedents.
- Creates drawings, specifications, etc. of existing technology or applications and ensures that assignments meet standards and performance requirements within area of expertise.
- Prepares documentation, information, communications and engineering specifications and ensures conformance to all policies and procedures related to engineering functions, labor reporting and systems reporting.
- Conducts analysis, ensures that designs are workable, makes recommendations and develops alternative solutions with conclusions reviewed by higher levels.
- Consults with other departments on equipment designs, problems and questions. Identifies root cause of problems. Develops alternative solutions and communicates associated benefits and risks.
- May travel occasionally to field sites to assist with product related problems or to obtain application data.
- Tests and evaluates prototypes and models to determine design limits and needed improvements.
- Prepares test reports and closure reports on assignments.
- Assists in project cost estimates. Helps prepare project plans, schedules, budgets and status reports.
- Prepares reports, correspondence, procedures, specifications and technical calculations.
- Prepares technical data and papers for sales personnel, customers and publications using good internal presentation and report writing skills.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- BS in Chemical / Petroleum / Mechanical Engineering required.
- EIT preferred
- Detailed knowledge of fluid flow and rheology discipline and general knowledge of other disciplines.
- Basic knowledge of competing and alternative technologies.
- General understanding of internal economic factors affecting assignment areas (costs, margins, profit impact of decisions).
- Demonstrated ability to independently create functional and cost effective designs/processes that meet complex specification requirements.
- Regularly assigned ownership of conceptual design.
- Minimum four years relevant experience in assigned technical field.
- Advanced computer skills with MS Office programs.
- Must be proficient in use of flow assurance software like PIPESIM, OLGA and PVTSIM.
- Demonstrates good organization and project planning skills.
- Oral and written communication skills with good vocabulary, good grammar and the ability to independently compose routine written communications.
- Ability to prepare accurate, effective, complete and easily understood written communications and reports. Demonstrates strong internal presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily. Shows evidence of ability to guide and mentor others.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance as per work schedule agreed with manager (may require working an adjusted work schedule based on project assigned and work overtime if warranted).
- Ability to comply with applicable laws and regulations, the Company's Code of Business Conduct and other Company policies and procedures.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available